A Day to Remember

Chapter 27- A day to remember.

    It was past midnight and Kuriyama Sumire had just done her latest research and the antidote is almost finished. She went to the special ward, where Seikina is sleeping. She just wanted to see her condition, to see if she’s sleeping well. However, to her consternation, the room was dark, silent, the heater is off, the fan isn’t spinning and the worse is,

Seikina is gone.

*  *  *  *

    I woke up and found myself in an unfamiliar room. Softer bed, softer blankets and warmer temperature. Was I transferred to a different ward? No. The smell is different. I quickly sat up and regretted it the moment the room spun around me. Uh where is this?

    I looked around. The walls were painted with light blue color and the decorations are simple but beautiful. The window is opened and calm wind blows from the outside. I took a deep breath and smiled. Okay but still—where am I?

    The door opened and in came the redhead. I stared at him and he sat on the bed in front of me. “Morning, Kina. How are you feeling ?” he asked.

    My brain tried to find the words to say, my tongue tried to move to speak but no, I just stared at him.

    As if answering what I’m trying to say, he chuckled and nodded. “Sorry, you’re asking why you are here right?” he asked. I didn’t reply. “This is a guest room in my house. Basically, I kidnapped you.”

    My brain finally started working. “What....?”

    He thought for a moment then shook his head. “Never mind. For now, can you walk?” he asked.

    “I don’t know.” I said and put my legs down on the floor. Balancing myself, I tried to walk to him. Surprisingly, it worked, I mean—I can walk! He smiled at me and I grinned. But right after that, I tripped on the blankets and fell flat on my stomach. Seijuurou knelt down in front of me and I laughed.

    “I guess that’s fine,” He said. “Go get dressed. There’s only one outfit for you in the closet.”

    He stood. I looked up at him, confused. “Where are we going?” I questioned. He smirked and walked out, closing the door behind him gently. I blinked but went to the closet anyway. Inside were a light blue long-sleeved blouse with white jeans. I chuckled then went for a shower.

-^.^-

    “That damn useless redhead !!!!” Kuriyama Sumire yelled and banged her fists on the table when Yamamoto told her he received a message from Akashi saying that Seikina is with him so don’t worry. Yamamoto Yuuhei laughed at her reactions.

    “Don’t worry Sumire.” He said.

    “How can I not worry!? He kidnapped Seikina in the middle of the night!”

    Yamamoto smiled. “There must be a reason.”

    Kuriyama sighed and leaned her back against her favorite chair.

Go, Seijuurou, time is running out.

-^.^-

    Seijuurou pulled my hand and wrapped a winter muffler around my neck. “You’ll get cold.” He said as we stopped in front of a lamp post, heading towards a playground near his house.

    I narrowed my eyes. “Why are you getting all cheesy ?”

    He turned away and walked. I followed him. “Hey don’t get mad I was just asking.” I said. He didn’t reply. I pouted and stopped walking, placing my hands on my hip.