Reply

Chapter 22- Reply.

    Time seemed like it stopped. Everyone froze. No one dared to speak. For the first time in forever, Akane Seikina had managed to silence Akashi Seijuurou, the so-called absolute captain. He was beyond speechless. I stood there, unmoving, clutching my own two hands.

    “I.... love him....” I said again but this time, more like a whisper.

    “You....!” Inori pointed at me and clenched her fists.

Crap. This is getting worse. I slowly stood and did what I wanted to do since just now. I turned around and ran for my life.

AKASHI WOULD KILL ME!!!!

WHY THE HELL DID I EVEN SAY THAT!?

    No one called for me. Everyone went to complete silence and they were no longer in sight after I turned at a corner and headed towards the basketball court and sat under the tree. My vision blurred and my legs had gone numb. I groaned and hugged my legs.

What have I done....

=w=

Seijuurou’s POV.

    “Reason number ten,” her ashen face, her painful eyes looked at me. “Because I love him.”

    My heart just stopped right there. She sat there unmoving.

    “I.... love him....” she said again and then ran away. I was stuck to the ground. Have I ever been this helpless before? Have I been silenced before? Have I ever felt this stinging pain in my chest before? Why am I still here? Shouldn’t I be running by now, chasing her?

Do I love her?

No, this is confusing.

Do I?

This is the hardest puzzle ever in my whole life.

    “OI STUPID !” someone called. I looked up and saw Akito, his eyes red probably from crying and I don’t even know why he’s crying. Inori had gone but how dare he called me stupid.

    “HOW LONG ARE YOU GONNA STAND THERE AND DO NOTHING!?” he yelled. I stared at him.

Why am I being like this? Why am I shaking? Fear? No, can’t be. Akito approached and shook my shoulders.

    “CHASE HER YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT! SHE’S SICK !” he punched my face and I was going to return the favor but what he said made me stopped. “SHE LOVED YOU DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND!? SHE’S GOING TO DIE! AFTER ALL YOU’VE DONE WITH HER DIDN’T YOU AT LEAST FEEL WHAT SHE FEELS!?!?” Akito’s voice had gone desperate, he was yelling since just now.

    “DON’T YOU LOVE HER!?” he shouted. I fell silent and my brain started working. Do I love her? Do I love her? Do I love her? DO I?!

    “That burning feeling you felt in your chest when I came and tried to take her back, it’s jealousy, it’s love. That pleasure seeing her smile everytime, it’s love. That fun you do with her each and every time, it’s love. That sadness you felt whenever she cried, whenever she’s in pain, it’s love. The stinging pain you felt in your chest when she confessed, THAT’S LOVE TOO! YOU LOVE HER DON’T YOU GET IT ALREADY!?” Akito cried. I stepped forward then he pushed me from behind. “Before it’s too late, Akashi Seijuurou. I order you to chase Akane Seikina NOW!”

I ran.

Since when do I take orders from others?

But this is for her sake.

Love?

Is that it?

So I really do love her?

Kina.