Chapter 5

El’s POV

When we arrived at the address, the first thing I saw was Mike, Will, and Dustin’s bikes. I started wringing my hands together nervously. I guess Nancy saw my sudden nervousness.

“Hey….” She said, reaching her hand over to the passenger seat where I sat and smiled at me.

“You look amazing, I’m sure that this girl who has a crush on Mike doesn’t mean anything to him and I know that as soon as he see’s you, he’s going to be speechless” Nancy gave me an encouraging smile.

“Now get out there, you look hot, act like it,” She told me and I took a deep breath, opening the car door. Max stepped out of the back seat with only the slightest issue, almost falling and I giggled.

“That….. was so not sexy,” Max said, fixing her hair and I laughed.

Max and I took a breath, stood tall and made sure we were well put together before we walked inside. The moment we stepped inside, there were plenty of eyes looking us both up and down. I didn’t care about them though, I was looking for just one person. I weaved through the crowd, my eyes searching for him.

“Hey…. you look” I heard someone say, I turned to see it was Aaron from Algebra looking me up and down.

“Hey” I responded

“Sorry, excuse me, I’m looking for someone,” I said, leaving him dumbfounded and Max was laughing behind me.

“You totally dissed him! He was checking you out” Max laughed and I shrugged.

Mike POV

I stood in a corner of the room, making sure I had eyes on my idiot friends. Will was standing by the punch bowl, looking incredibly small and uncomfortable. Dustin was talking with some girl and I just witnessed Lucas being turned down by the second girl tonight. I laughed at my friend’s misery.

“Having fun?” I asked and Lucas glared at me. The loud music shook the floor beneath me, we haven’t even been here for that long and I’m ready to leave. I was just patiently waiting for El to show up, she is always a light in my life and the best kind of distraction.

“What are you doing all alone over here?” Kara asked I looked over at her. She wore a tight electric blue dress, with smoked out eye makeup, along with her hair being done extra curly. I looked at her briefly before looking off into the distance again, making sure my friends were still in seeing eye distance.

“Just looking out for my friends,” I said and Kara smiled

“Well that’s extremely noble of you but this is a party, have fun,” She told me

“I am having fun, I’m having a blast just standing here,” I told Kara and she laughed.

“Why don’t you come….. dance with me,” Kara asked, carefully grabbing the fabric of my black shirt. I grabbed her hand and placed it back on her side.

“Umm…” I started, trying to find a way to nicely decline her offer but that’s when El showed up. El grabbed my hand carefully, focusing her eyes on Kara but I could only see her. She looked incredible. I looked at her up and down, my mouth suddenly dry.

“I’m sure Mike is flattered for receiving your offer… Kiera was it?” El asked

“Kara actually” She responded annoyed.

“Right Kara, but he’s going to dance with his girlfriend” El smiled sarcastically, she laced her hand with mine, pulling me behind her to the dance floor. She swung her hips as she walked and I gulped.