Chapter Nine

(F/N) whipped her head around to see a flash of black. She became worried and shook at Kid.

"Kid, please." She tried not to cry. "Wake up" She whispered.

As the creature came into view she stood up, her stance messy. Her arm turned into a large katakana blade.
She glared at the keishin (?) tears glazing over her eyes.
It lead out a screech as it rushed towards her.
But she panicked, instead of fighting she threw her arms in front of her face as if it'd protect her.

The blow never came.
Her eyes slowly opened to see Stein standing there holding the red soul in his hand.

"You should be more careful" He mumbled.

(F/N) only nodded tears now pouring down her face.
How could she have been so weak when her beloved was at risk.
She fell to her knees, her eyes flickering to Kids unconscious body.

"Come on, let's go to the school infirmary" He said, flashing her a small smile.

(F/N) only nodded, wanting to help him. Stein picked up Kid, and took a safe rout towards the school.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Kid soon awoke, the sun shining in his eyes. He took in a deep breath smelling the strange smell.
His eyes opened as he saw (F/N) cuddled up next to him. Her eyes were pink and puffy signaling she had been crying.
He tucked some loose strand of hair behind her ear and sighed.

"At least she's safe" He whispered to himself.

(F/N) let out a tired groan as her eyes blinked open. She sat up rubbing at her stinging eyes.
She then looked over to Kid, a smile forming on her face as she hugged him tightly.

"I failed you kid" She whispered.

"What do you mean?" He asked hugging her back.

"You were in danger and I failed to do anything, we're only here by luck" She sobbed.

Kid bit his lip unsure of what to say. He stroked her back and sighed.

"No, I failed you" He said quickly.
"I failed to protect you, you could've died but I wasn't cautious enough" He said sighing.

She looked up at him, tears staining her cheeks.
Kid placed a kiss on her cheek and wiped away the tears.

"Please don't cry" He said in a calm tone.

"I, just need some fresh air" She smiled at him.

(F/N) climbed out of the bed and into the dark hallway of the academy.
She walked down on hallways thinking over everything that just happened.

"You seem disturbed" A voice said echoing through the corridor.

Her head shot up, as she looked around the room. But she saw nobody.
The voice only chuckled causing her to grow confused.
A flash of black sped past her causing her to jump.

"Who are you?" She whispered.