Chapter 27

For my first class, which happened to be World History, I dressed nicely to maybe make a good impression on some people.

I wore my red Jack Wills shirtwith some blue Jean shorts and my white TOMS. I curled my hair, and adding a minimal amount of makeup. Class was at 11, so after I finished getting ready, I left. Marissa already left for her class at 9, and we decided to meet up for lunch at about 1:30.

Walking through the campus felt a little intimidating to me alone at first. There was a lot more people here than I expected for a Monday Morning, but I guess there were more than 2 classes.

The auditorium was pretty big, looking like it could hold about 200 people. Some people were already sitting down, so I took a seat next to a blonde girl who was talking to the guy behind her. He turned his attention toward me as I sat down.

"Hey babe, you must be new." he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and the girlturned around, giving me a dirty glare.

"What are you doing?" she asked coldly.

"Sitting."

"Well that spot is taken. People with friends actually sithere."

"Then why are you sitting here?" I shot back, gathering my stuff.

"Ooh, Jordan she got you." The guy said.

"Shut up Caleb."

"Sorry."

I walked to another set of seats across from them next to a different girl, who I hoped was nicer.

"Hi. I'm Sam. I saw what happened over there with Jordan andCaleb."

"Im Rachel. Yeah Im going to avoid her."

"Well, you're welcome to sit here. These are my friends Natalie, Jake and Maddie." She says, guesturing toward the people next to her.

"Hi Im Rachel." I said, giving them a smile.

"Nice to meet you!"

"You too!"

The professor coughed, getting our attention.

"Welcome to the University of London, Im professor Hanson. Let's begin with attendence.

He called out the names, which seemed like a lot before it got to me.

"Rachel Collins?"

"Here."

I heard a couple gasps.

"THE Rachel Collins?" Someone asked.

"Whats so special about her?" Jordan snapped."She's dating Louis Tomlinson."

"Oh my god." she said.

"Youre dating Louis Tomlinson? From One Direction?" Sam whispered.

"Yeah. Shh."

"Oh wow."

The professor continued on with class, which lasted for about 2 hours. He touched base on what we were covering, and then started on our first lesson which was when the Aztecs were still around. I took a good three pages of notes too.

"Class dismissed." he ended, as everyone gathered their things.

"Hey Rachel, can I get your number before you go?" Sam asked.

"Yeah."

Sam handed me her iPhone, and added myself in her contacts.

"Thanks. I'll text you later." she said, walking away.

Jake, Maddie abd Natalie waved, and left behind Sam.

I picked up my backpack, slung it over my shoulder and started walking out of the auditorium. Then someone taps my shoulder. I turn around and saw Jordan.

"Hi Rachel. I'm so sorry about how I acted." she said, giving mea cheezy, fake grin.

"Oh I bet you are."

"I am. Sometimes I don't know how to make friends."

"Yeah. Okay."

"So I hear your dating Louis Tomlinson.""Yeah. So?" I say.

"Thats really cool. Maybe we should hang out later. Here's my number." she hands me a piece of paper and walks away.

I roll my eyesand shove the piece of paper in my pocket, continuing to walk out of the building.

The temperature had raised in the past hours, and I was glad my dormwas only a block away. I jogged back, some guys waved and I waved back to be friendly. I mean, the last thing I want is to be thought of as a jerk.

I walked up the stairs to my dorm, and no one was in the halls or anything. Must be a slow day or something.

"Hey Marissa." I say, walking through the door.

"Rachel!" she said.

"We still on for lunch?"

I put my backpack down by the desk and sat on my bed.

"Yeah. Do you want to go now?"

"Sure. This iskind of random, but do you know any place that's hiring?" I ask.

"Hm. There's a diner that was hiring awhile ago. It's has good business. We can eat there and check it out."

"Okay great. We can take my car if you want."

"Alright. Let's go before lunch hour gets too crazy." she says, putting on her shoes.

"Sounds good."

************************
"I'll have the chicken Caesar salad with fries." Marissa says.

"I'll have a hamburger with nothing on itand fries."

"Alright." the waitress says, walking away.

"I hope they're still hiring. I need a job." I say.

"All we have to do is ask. Service is kinda slow, so I'd say it's worth getting your hopes up for."

"I hope so."

"So how was your class?" She asks, taking a sip of her Coke.

"Okay. But do youknow who Jordan is?Blonde girl, kind of a brat."

"Oh yeah. Jordan Baker. She's one messed up chick."

"Well, I made the stupid mistake of sitting next to her. Totally spazzed out. But when our professor was doing attendence, everyone found out I was dating Louis. So she came up to me after, apologized and said Wanna hang out sometime?"

Marissa sighed. "Shes gonna use you. Don't buy it."

"I wasn't planning on it."

"Speak of the devil, here she comes."

Jordan came over to our table and sat down next to me.

"So my friends and I are going shopping later. Wanna come Rach?"

"No." I say without givingit a second thought.

"Comon! I wanna get to know my new bud!"

"Im not your new bud. You don't like me, I don't like you. All you like about me is thatIm dating Louis. If you want to meet them yourself, find your own way instead of using me."

"Fine." she says, standing up. "Have it your way."

"Nice."Marissa mouthed as Jordan walked away.

"I gotta do what I gotta do."

The waitress comes over with our food, and I stop her before she walks away.

"Excuse me, are you hiring?"

"Yes. You're the first person to ask. If you'd like, you can fill out some paperwork before you leave. Service is slow, so we could use the help."

"Great. Thanks so much."

"No, thank you." she smiles and walks to check on other customers.

"Looks like you have a job." Marissasmiled.

"Yeah. I guess I do."

"Yay!"

"Yeah. Where do you work?"

"A smoothie shop on the weekends. I got yesterday off though."

"Nice. You know, Louis hasn't called me for two days." I say sadly. "Its worrying me."

"Dont worry Rach. He's probably just busy. I mean, were in different time zones too.""Youre right. He's probably just busy."

We finish our lunches and pay, while I go up front and fill out the papers.

I hand the papers to the waitressbefore she gives some people coffee.

"Okay, great. My name is Hannah." she says, smiling.

"Im Rachel."

"Nice to meet you. If you could start Wednesday afternoon, that would be great."

"Okay. Thanks so much." I say, walking out of the cafe with Marissa.

"I start Wednesday."

"Sounds good. Let's go home. I'm tired."

"Same."

We walked past a girl about Katlyns age, in a One Direction shirt. I just couldn't stop thinking about Louis. Why wasn't he calling? Or at least texting me? He knew leaving me killed me, but was he busy or did he just forget about me?

It killed me either way. I missed him. Did he just not understand that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eeep! I'm so excited I've been uploading everyday this week! Ari and Lexi even been on my case about it either! ;) So I must be doing good. I really want to finish the story, so I can start my Harry fanfic! If you guys could do me a huge favor that would be AWESOME. Here's my homework for you. Go to my profile, read the intro to my Harry fanfic, and comment your twitter name (if no twitter, do tumblr, or I'll just read your story and comment and vote. But please be honest and if you have twitter, do your name.) If I'm already following you, I'll comment/vote on your story. OR I CAN MAYBE MAKE A COVER! Comment whatever on there, I don't really care. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO IT! It would make me really happy! :)

I'm kind of ranting right now....I don't know why.

Happy 4th of July to all of my American readers! :)Anyone watching the New York concert thingy? I am!

Next Chapter: SKYPE WITH THE BOYS!!!!!! And a nasty rumor about someone again?

Next Update: Tonight or tomorrow. I'm really in a writey mood lately.

Picture: The Boys <3 One of my fav pics.

Video: A thousand miles. Makes sense right? I know I already put it on there, but what the heck.

Thanks so much for everything you all do for meeee! I love you all to death! <3

THANKS FOR READING LOVELIES <3

~Lizzie :)xx