missing knowledge

---the next day---

Levi and I couldn't find Eren at all.

We might hear someone say his name like, "careful Eren that's heavy" But as soon as either one of us get there he's gone, leaving a swinging door in his wake.

The only thing we slightly found of Eren was Hanji muttering something about Eren and 'yowie' along with ships and clenching a piece of paper that looked like it had Eren's handwriting on it, but when we confronted her she would quickly say it's nothing and scurry off.
The first time we saw him is when it came time to show Eren his apartment.
The whole tour was silent.
Walk in and your in the living room. Wooden flooring with a rug in the middle with two couches.
A flat screen next to the front door.
Behind the couches is the stove, sink, fridge, and counter.
To the left is the white tiled bathroom.
The right is his bedroom, covered in plush red carpet.
A few bookshelves with some books of recipes and other things with space for many more.
There wasn't even a quiet hum to tell Eren was listening.
Eren avoided looking at us the whole time. We walked down the quickest route to his workplace and back.
We handed him the keys, with Eren just staring at the ground, and we both told him to take care.
It was... Painful.
And ended with both of us at home laying on my bed cuddling.
Yes we're cuddling, so what?!
We're a bit emotionally exhausted right now.
So I think a cuddle is needed.

"Erwin"

I look at Levi, knowing that if he said my name it must be serious, "do you think- do you think Eren is disgusted?" Levi said with the look of insecurity floating through his eyes.

"No Levi, no, Eren would never."

Even with that statement, it was still a silent demon floating at the back of our minds. What if he was.
What if Eren thinks a man with another man is disgusting.
I just nuzzled deeper into Levi's neck. Neither of us want to talk about that, don't even want to consider it, just because of how realistic it is.

---Eren's POV---

I bury my face in my hands.

'I've fucked up. I've fucked up real bad.'

I glance around at my new home.
I let out a loud sigh of sorrow.

'What the fuck am I doing?!'

All I could think about was Erwin and Levi kissing.
Well.
I say think but it's more like.
Fantasize.
I wanted to try and clear everything up with them but if they were close I would just clam up.
I would panic.
What if they are angry?
What if they're freaked out?
What if I'm the only one who knows about them and they want to keep me quiet (which the only other way to keep a mute quiet is to.well. make them sleep with the fishes...)
I go to my new bedroom and fall into my new bed with a groan.
I had such a good plan today.
I'd give them both a hug and smile and they would know that I don't care if they like each other and everything would go back to normal.
My damn emotions just got out of hand.
I couldn't even look them in the eye!
They must think the worst of me.
I roll over and stare at the ceiling as the second problem centering on them pops up.

'I fell for two guys and lost them to each other before I could even try to catch them'

Then again I probably would have never got them anyway.
They're two gang leaders.
Sexy, intimidating, sweet gang leaders.
They could get anyone they want.
Why would they want me.
An abused homeless male who can't speak and is covered in scars.
Plus I have this terrible itch/ache on my scalp and tailbone.
Wonder why- oh DUH!
I focus on my ears and feel my ears and tail come out into the physical plain.
I'm such a dummy.
Nothings going right.
I sigh as I get up to get ready for bed. Tomorrow is a new day.

---3 weeks later---

I let out a whoosh of air as I unlock my apartment.
Today was a busy day.
Mrs. Rea brought in all 3 of her miniature poodles for a wash and cut.
They're feisty little bundles of spit fire.
Don't get me wrong they're adorable.
Mrs. Rea has a red poodle; cherry, a white poodle; angel, and a black poodle; onyx. They make for an adorable bunch.
If they weren't different colors you wouldn't be able to tell them apart, but that's just because I'm good with giving them their haircuts.
Mrs. Rea likes the stereotypical poodle haircut and no matter how rowdy they are I'm always able to get them settled down long enough to make that final cut.
Then Mrs. Butler brought in a muddy stray cat she found and wanted me to bathe it... That was real fun.
Mr. Thomas came in with his Yorkshire Terrier; lady.
Just a routine brush and cut.
But the real fun.
Oho.
The real fun is when a newcomer, Mr.Horrigan, brought in an alpaca.
It was the cutest thing though.
He just wanted me to shave it down and give it a quick bath.
It stood nice and still for me the whole time. It fluff was so soft.
Mr. Horrigan took his alpaca fluff in a bag and walked on merrily down the street with his freshly shaved alpaca.
I've been talking to some people and decided to start walking pets too.
I'll hang some signs with the number of my new phone and little memo at the bottom for them to text me since I'm mute.
The phone came through the mail saying 'courtesy of the scouts'.
Thats the closest I've been in contact with Erwin and Levi.
The relationship between us is obviously still tense.
I wish I could explain myself but... Easier said than done.
Which means it's REALLY hard for me since, you know, it's harder for me to say it than do it.
Get it? Hey, you got to have a sense of humor when you have a life like me.