To the doctor

*Levi POV
I walk towards Erwin's office.
Planning exactly what I'm going to say.
We have both come to the conclusion there was something wrong with the brats back. The scars on him hold the idea that it might be something that we can fix.
Its not much of a secret that Erwin and I have developed a soft spot for him.
Shitty glasses goes nuts and starts screaming something about fan fiction material.
What ever that is.
Petra likes to be whiny about it.
Despite that, everyone seems to enjoy him being in the room.
Even Petra, no matter how many times she tries to deny it.
He's silent, but he always has everyone relaxed and happy in the room.
It's creepy.
All he does is clean yet we enjoy his presence.
We don't even know his name.
If I wasn't smart I'd claim witchcraft.
I enter Erwin's office without knocking. Why should I?
I'm his second in command for this gang. The only one he actually counts on.

"Hey eyebrows."

He looks up from his never ending pile of work.
He'll allow the nicknames as long as there aren't any subordinates around to get the idea that they can boss him around too.

"What is it Levi?"

"Call the doc. We'll get the brat a checkup and figure out what's wrong with his back."

"I told you Levi he could've been born with it-"

"He's covered in scars, I doubt he was born with them. "

"... I'll set up an appointment tomorrow"

I nod and walk off.
No, I'm not going to check up on the brat... You can't prove anything.

------Eren's POV, the next day-------

I woke up to Erwin's voice telling me to get up and dressed on the other side of my door.
I quickly follow the instructions and rush to the door.
Opening it, making sure the confusion is shown on my face.

"I've noticed some issues you have and I decided to call our doctor to check you out. "

Levi, who was standing next to him, coughed loudly, it didn't really sound like a cough either...

Erwin released a sigh, "sorry, it was OUR decision to call the doctor. "

I waved my hands in objection only to be interrupted by a blank voice, "There are no buts in this conversation, your getting checked out, come on. "

They start to walk away.
I lightly sigh and start to follow them.
They lead me to a room where a man introduces himself as the Scouts doctor.
He sits me on a table-like thing and runs a check up on me.
Asking questions here and there.
He hands me some paper and a pen after he realises I can't speak.

He claps his hands, "alright, that covers it, Eren if you would just give me a moment"

I nod at him and Erwin and Levi walk out of the room with him.
I assume he's giving them a run down on my health.
They come back in, grave expressions on Levi and Erwin's faces.

The doctor starts to speak. "So Eren, I found the end of a knife lodged in your back, the best way to take it out is to cut open the place where it is and pull it out. "

I stare at him blankly.
I start to get up to leave only for Erwin and Levi to stop me.

"It's better if you get it done now rather to leave it and let it become a real problem later" Erwin says sternly.

I heave out a sigh and settle back down and nod at the doctor.
He starts to gather the things he needs. Erwin and Levi stand on either side of me as I feel the doctor rub what was most likely a sterilizing solution on the part of my back where the knife must be.
I let out a high pitch whine as I feel the doctor start to cut into my back.
Two individual hands slap into my own. I
f I weren't in so much pain I would have found it odd considering the people these hands belong to.
All I can do now though is grasp onto them like my life depended it.
I hear a clang of metal.

"There it is! "

The doctor starts to stitch my wound and sterilize it.
I turn my head to catch a glimpse of the knife.

'Woah' my eyes widen at it. 'I'm surprised it didn't hurt more'

Levi starts to speak, "go on back to your room and rest. One of us will come by everyday to clean and check your stitches and re-bandage them"

I nod and jump off the table their hands sliding out of my own and make my way back to my room.

*3rd person POV (with Levi and Erwin)
Both Erwin and Levi look at their hand that Eren was grasping. They look up and met each other's eyes, "we're fucked. "