Chapter 1: A Hatching

Alola once again! It's been quite a while (if two weeks is a while) and I'm sure you've all just been waiting on tenterhooks to see how the next installment of The Alola Trilogy unfolds and unfurls (mmhmm, let your ego talk, Epicocity). Well, it's finally here. A little darker, hopefully a little better. The normalcy is gone, kind of. There's no synopsis here, so let's just remind you where Love in the Time of Tropics ended: the portal to the Ultra Space caused problems in Heahea City, Ash mastered Z-Moves, the League has sent three Champions, Gary and ARC to Alola...and your boy Guzma has decided to get more involved. How will it go from here? Well, it's time to find out.

Author: Epicocity

Rating: T for violence and innuendo

Pairings: Amourshipping (I mean, come on...), mentioned Laserbladeshipping

Cover art by my ever amazing friend Captain Luky Greace!

DISCLAIMER: Another book, another chance to say I don't own it.

Love in the Time of Trials

Book Two of the Ancienverse Alola Trilogy

Chapter 1

A Hatching

"Welcome back, Madam President!"

Lusamine's heels clopped onto the metallic surface of the docks at the Aether Paradise. Assembled before her were a number of her employees, likely those sent as a welcome contingent by Wicke. The thought was a kind one, but completely and utterly unnecessary. Nevertheless, the blonde woman smiled at them all as she made her way over.

"Everything has been running smoothly, I take it," she spoke. The apparent leader of the group saluted quickly, falling into step beside her as she walked off. Shifting her eyes back, making them appear like slits, she noticed Faba scrambling off the ship.

"We've recovered a record number of Pokémon after the incident in Heahea City. Injured Wingull and the like," the man informed her. "They've all been taken to the conservation area."

"Excellent," Lusamine said, offering him a smile. The man blushed a little. "Return to your duties, then."

"Yes, ma'am!" The man saluted once more and he returned to his subordinates. Almost as soon as he had departed, Faba finished shuffling up to her, sniffling a little. Lusamine's displeased gaze slid over to him, a slight scowl on her face.

"Please wipe your dripping nose, Faba," she sighed out, hands on her hips as she watched him. Her hair billowed back as Faba reached up with a handkerchief to blow his nose. She wasn't sure how much good it would do, but it gave her some peace of mind.

"Hello, Madam President!"

"The President's back!"

"Oh, I'm so glad..." The sounds of her employees and volunteers met Lusamine's ears and she smiled towards those who were speaking. Many of them were waving, and one female employee was actually crying a little, likely tears of sheer joy, at her safety.

"Obviously, the news of what happened in Heahea City has spread quickly," Faba said with a slight bit of annoyance. She knew her branch manager was unhappy with himself not being greeted as enthusiastically (or indeed, at all). His sense of self-importance was far more skewed than Lusamine ever thought.