Boredom

Naruto stood at the stadium, waiting for his turn in the arena with little care, looking as though he were daydreaming. Suddenly, Sakura banged the spot next to him, having wisely learned not to bring any physical harm or threat of such to the boy himself, causing him to jump out of his stupor and towards her confusedly.

"Your turn, you idiot." She told him spitefully, though his combatant eyed the blonde tentatively, as though he were nervous if the other's presence. His dog wisely coward in the hood, not wanting to be anywhere near the boy after having witnessed his small scale effort, large scale effect, that had happened from the boy merely glancing over towards his offensive other, who was supposedly still in the hospital under observation, as the cause for his painful collapse was yet to be determined.

"Yeah, yeah." Naruto responded, stretching slightly and yawning. He felt his wings desire to spread and felt a mild migraine, accompanied with slightly sharper phantom pains, erupt slowly within him. He gave no show of discomfort as he strode down to the dirt floor. As he walked, he allowed his eyes to lock onto the form of his enemy, who he now knew was aware of his own hatred towards the elderly figure. A moment later, and his eyes moved towards his current opponent, and he reminded himself that a show was still in order, and a show he would give indeed.
The thought of causing the other to black out tickled his fancy, but that option held more cons than pros and, as such, fell from favor. His energy could be felt through his skin, desiring to power his muscles and make him near endlessly more physically powerful, yet this too was unwise. He had to remind himself to limit his capabilities, for being underestimated was far better than being overestimated and his true enemy was watching, three of them, studying his every move like a powerful wild cat would its weakened prey. He felt the odd thing that the others had told him was a tail nub twitch as he felt anticipation tingle within his stomach, excitement propelling it into his being and making him thirst for an interesting fight. He wanted to bend reality to his will, play with the person before him, yet that too, unfortunately, would cause undesirable effects.
Instead, he moved into his normal stance, one of the more basic ones taught at the academy, and he lifted a lone kunai into one hand, clenching the black metal within his grasp. Kiba furrowed his brow in confusion and waited for Naruto to make the first move, and so he did. The battle was low risk and high energy, both sides supposedly giving all that they had in their effort if surpassing the other side. Naruto frowned internally, finding himself to have gotten rather bored with the game, and so he "accidentally" sliced Kiba down his front, causing the boy, as well as his dog, to make near matching exclamations of surprise as a rather small, by Naruto's standards at least, amount of blood squirted from the wound.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" Naruto lied easily, feigning an apologetic attitude with matching features, his brow creasing slightly as he began to pull the clothing he had sliced through back together in a vain attempt of closing the wound. He pretended to worry, he pretended to freak, and he laughed internally as a Kiba was taken away in a stretched due to his "extensive" injuries. It had been too easy. He pondered silently, as the group of other genin verbally harassed him over his supposed "mistake", whether or not he final battle against his true enemy would be as easy, and what he would do if it was. Kiba, if not for his arrogance and pride, was a fine fighter indeed, what would he do if Sarutobi was as easy? Would he simply move to another reality and begin again? He knew not, but he did know that it would be interesting. This was the second round, he had lost the first.

'Well' Naruto thought, pondering further over the topic.
'I guess I didn't lose, I just won in a way that wasn't favorable. After all, he's suffering a civil war where as I'm safe and sound. Yeah, I think I won the first round.' He mused, nodding to himself internally and externally, the timing being fairly good as he had just been given the last bit of the lecture and asked if he understood.
Internally, Naruto scowled. Kakashi. When they had been up against a wall, what had Kakashi done for him?! He left him to die, he never asked if he were okay, he didn't care enough to bother, he had never cared in the first place! His anger threatened to froth, just as the saliva of the man he had hospitalized had done a few days earlier, yet it never showed, and his chakra never spiked. Funny, he had been harassed over his poor control over his chakra, yet now he failed to falter.
The wood of Naruto's room was scratched beyond repair, and he might have to replace it eventually, yet this too did not cause the boy to falter. He walked on, moving over towards the pitiful fridge the Naruto of this world had owned, and peered inside. A hunger was growing within him, a familiar hunger, but this time he had thought up a way to more productively fill his stomach, one that would cost less lives.