Genin Exam part 2

This is going to have a cuss word or two.
Disclaimer; Me no own it
"Demon talk"
"Normal talk"
"Other language"
'Thinking/telepathic talking

"Hello Naruto, I have a deal for you." Mizuki said with a smirk, this had gone just according to plan.

"What do you want?" Naruto asked with a slight growl as he knew he had been sabotaged by this man, this traitor,
'too bad he isn't an official betrayal yet, can't kill him.'

"Well, I was worried about you" he lied
"Iruka was going a little bit hard on you there-"

"When are you people not?" Naruto asked sarcastically.

"-but he actually cares about you and doesn't want you to get hurt, the life of a ninja is dangerous after all." Mizuki continued, unfazed by the interruption.

"If he cared about me, he would have passed me." 'If he had cared, he wouldn't have set me up to fail with those excuse rules.'

"Tell you what, there is a way you can still yet become a genin!" He said with false optimism, hoping to pull the blonde into his trap.

"Really?! How!" Naruto said with a renewed smile and excitement that he hadn't felt in days.

"You just need to do something for little me, a little task." Mizuki answered with an evil smirk that went unnoticed by the cheering blonde.        

~time skip~

Sarutobi was stuck in the council room as he listened to the civilians yapping about how the demon had failed and what to do with him.

"He needs to be trained to be useful for the leaf!" Yelled a civilian in a dress kimono.
"I say Danzo does it, seeing as he can actually get the job done." He continued with a hint of distain.

"He is a member of Konoha. He should be allowed to live a normal life." Shikaku said, muttering a "troublesome" afterwards.

"He is the nine tails Jinchuriki, the demon itself! He needs to be our weapon and we all must see to it that he becomes what he is needed to be." One of Sarutobi's advisors said.

"Enough, Naruto has never done anything to harm this village and therefor, cannot be punished."Sarutobi finalized. The moment he finished however, the door was burst open as Mizuki quickly ran in front of Sarutobi.

"What is the meaning of this?! We were in the middle of an important meeting!" A member of the civilian council with pink hair yelled, infuriated that someone had the gal to interrupt so rudely unannounced in an important meeting.

"Forgive my suddenness Lord Third, but" he paused for a moment for effect and pretended to catch his breath "Uzumaki Naruto has stollen the forbidden Jutsu scroll and ran." Sarutobi thought for a moment and nodded

"We will have to send a search party. Tell them to capture Naruto and retrieve the scroll. Uzumaki Naruto is not to be hurt, understood?" Sarutobi said
'Naruto, why would you steel the scroll? Just what is going on here? I need to look into this, lest my efforts to achieve the perfect weapon be wasted.'

"Mizuki, I want you to go and retrieve all of the files on Uzumaki Naruto." He instructed

"What about his school work? Do those count?" Mizuki asked, worried.