~ The Dog Strikes At Midnight ~

Games: Duck Hunt & Duck Season

Author's Note reserved for end

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I knew I was not going to sleep. No Brandon Rogers video on Earth could reverse that.

   Why did I look up that game?

   Why?

   Duck Hunt is a great game and they ruined it.

   They gave the dog a knife.

   THE DOGGO HAS A KNIFE.

   After hours of playing earrape that I found on YouTube, I decided to close my eyes. Immediately after, my stuffed animal fell down to the side of my bed. Slightly scared, I reached down to grab it. I look up at the doorway.

   A dog rests there.

   I whispered the name of my own dog, before I realized something. He's not allowed upstairs. Making sure I wasn't seeing things, I turned on a flashlight and pointed it at the shadow.

   It wasn't an illusion. It was there.

   Except it wasn't the murderer dog.

   A duck, probably resting on its back, poked its head up. So this was the Smash Bros. duo...

   Didn't I have a fic on that series?

   The doggo was kinda cute to say the least, even if he was a troll.

   Both animals seemed kinda enjoyable.

   Until they didn't.

   A horrified expression came onto the dog's face, and the duck covered its eyes with its wings.

   I was a bit confused at first, but then I heard heavy breathing.

   It was coming from behind me.

   "...he's behind me, isn't he?" I asked the Smash Bros. dog, not surprised at this point.

   I didn't need a response to know.

   "Understandable." I got out of bed, opened the window, and threw myself out.

   Let the evil doggo stab my corpse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A//N:

True story, there's a Duck Hunt-inspired VR horror game that inspired both this and the idea of this new book.

That and people like Kimiko_Jaguar asking where my fic was and learning about how my ideas kinda work.

So basically these are just short stories from random fandoms and stuff.

Wheeeeee

Also the video at the top is actually what I listened to all night.