Chapter 12

A few hours after waking up, I went and met with Mordo to continue discussing a plan to deal with Issac. I began telling Mordo of a few ideas I had.

"Well, what do you think?" I asked
"I think you're oddly happy." He replied
"That's not what I meant."
"Well you asked what I think. I think you're oddly happy. Did something happen earlier?"
I felt my cheeks turn red, "No, nothing happened. Back to the subject. The plan. Thoughts?"
Mordo chuckled, "Well, it's decent, but remember. He will always be expecting us. Especially after the stunt we pulled last time."
"Right.." I thought, "Well What if, and this is a long shot, we find put who he's working for or with? I mean he can't he working a one man operation, there must be others working with him."
"True.. Only problem is, we don't have leads."
"Leave that to me. In the meantime, you continue to think about a way to get the drop on Issac."
"What are you going to do?" Mordo asked curious
"I'm going to talk to (y/n). She knew Issac best, she should have an idea in where to start."
"I thought you didn't want her involved." Mordo pointed out
I sighed, "I don't.. But for this, i don't have a choice."

_____________

I walked into (y/n)'s room and looked at her. She was practicing minor spells, ones she had already mastered. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Hello." She said, getting up, walking over to me
I softly smiled back, "Hello.." I sighed, "I need to discuss something with you.."
"What is it?"
"It's about Issac."
She sighed, "Right.. Ok, what do you need to know?"
"I need to know of any friends he has, ones that might be helping him."
(Y/n) thought for a second, "Um.. He didn't know many people.. There was this one guy from last year, but I don't remember his name."
"Do you know what he looks like?"
"Yeah he's tallish, grey hair.. Always wore a tunic like yours, just yellow."
I tensed up, "When was the last time you saw this man?"
"Just before I came here looking for help.. Why?"
"Stay here.."

I sprinted out of the room and quickly searched for Mordo.  I ran up to one of the others, "Where's Mordo?!" I asked frantically
"In the Library, wh-"

I sprinted to the library and burst in through the door, and just as I did, I felt as if I couldn't breath. Standing in front of me, holding Mordo in his grasp, was a man I thought to be dead. A man I thought I would never have to see again. Yet as clear as day, he was there.

"Hello, Stephen. Long time no see." He grinned
I clenched my fists, looking him right in the eyes, "Hello.. Kaecilius.."