Chapter 10

I slowly began to wake up after hours of desperately needed sleep. I opened my eyes and saw (y/n) in front of me, my arm still around her. Her breathing was slow and steady. She looked so peaceful...
I carefully got up, pain shooting through my shoulder. I almost forgot I had been injured. I quietly left (y/n)'s room and shut the door, leaving her to sleep.
I walked outside into the courtyard, holding my shoulder. Mordo was outside.

"Are you alright?" I asked
"Im fine.. How is (y/n)?"
"Asleep." I replied
"Good.. And your shoulder?" Mordo asked, stepping towards me
"Throbbing, but I'll live."
"That's good.. But we have a problem."
"Which is?" I asked
"Issac is still out there, and the Eye is still missing."

I sighed. He was right. During that whole interaction, we achieved nothing but injuries.

"I know.. And it's our top priority right now, but we need to worry about regaining our strength."
"We also can't afford (y/n) following us like that again. She was almost killed."

That's when it hit me. One more idea, that just might work if pulled off.

"That's it.. Mordo I have an idea!"
"Oh?"
"You saw Issac when (y/n) was hurt.. He froze. Ran, even. He still cares about her.. We can use that against him."
"How so?" Mordo asked, sounding interested
"We need to lure him back out. And convince him that.." It hurt me just to say it, ".. and convince him that (y/n) succumbed to her wound. The one he caused. It would weaken him and make him vulnerable."
Mordo nodded a bit, "It could work.. but it could could also backfire."
"Yes, which is why we'll need to think of every possible outcome, and prepare for it."
"Alright.. Let's just hope this time our plan works."

-------

I discussed some possible outcomes of the plan with Mordo for about 2 hours. After we decided to take a short break, I went back to (y/n)'s room to check on her. I quietly opened the door and looked inside. She was awake, laying on her side.

"(Y/n)?"
She looked up and smiled, "Stephen.. Hey.."

I smiled and walked in, sitting next to her on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" I asked
"Sore.. but I can handle it.."
"Just try not to move to much."
"I don't think I'll be moving for awhile."

I sighed and moved her hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead. (Y/n) smiled, a slight blush forming on her cheeks. I laid down next to her, gently putting my arms around her. I would have to leave again. I didn't know when, but the next time I see Issac, could be the last time. Either we stop him, or he kills us. I sighed and looked at (y/n), trying to memorize the details of her face. She smiled up at me, with that bright smile of hers. I moved closer to her and gently pressed my lips to her. She placed her hands on my chest and closed her eyes. After a few seconds, I pulled away and just held her.

"(Y/n)?"
"Hm?"
"How did you know where Mordo and I were?"
She didn't answer
"(Y/n).."
"I overheard you and Mordo talking about it.."
I was about to say something when (y/n) spoke up again, "Why didn't you tell me you were going after him?"
"Because I didn't want you getting hurt.. But that seemed to happen anyways.."
"Stephen.." (y/n) looked up at me, "I want to help.. I don't want you going against him by yourself.."
"Im not risking you getting hurt again.. You almost died.. If.." I choked up, "I-if you had died, I.. I would've never forgiven myself.." I felt my eyes tear up.
She frowned, "Stephen.."
"I can't lose you, (y/n).. I-i can't.."
She stayed silent for a moment, "ok.."

(Y/n) kissed my cheek and closed her eyes, cuddling into me, "You won't lose me.." She said. I didn't say anything. I just held her, not wanting to let go.

"I love you.." (y/n) said quietly
"I love you too.."

((A/n: Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait in uploads. And the somewhat shorter chapter. I've been busy working on some other stuff. I hope you liked this chapter. If you have any recommendations of anything you want to see happen, just let me know and I might write it in.))
××SW××