Chapter 6

((A/N)) Two uploads in a row?? Crazy, I know. I haven't been consistent with uploading, so I hope two uploads in a row might make up for it. If not, then.. oh well.. Well, anyways, enjoy chapter 6!  It starts to get interesting.
××SW××

Stephen's P.O.V
I closed the door behind me. My chest felt tight, and I felt like screaming. I quickly went to my room, closing and locking the door. I slammed my hands on my table and yelled, mostly from anger, but also from the pain that just shot through my hands and up my arms. I sat down at my desk chair and rubbed my hands, and I felt warm tears streaming down my cheeks. "Idiot..!" I mumbled, sitting down at my desk. What was I thinking?! If anything was going to make her think lowly of me, it will be that. Why should I care, though? I shouldn't let feelings get in the way of what really matters.. but.. what does matter, anymore?
I clenched my fists, looking down. If I do love her, like I think I do, shouldn't I say something? If she doesn't feel the same, that will be the end of that, and we'll never have to speak of it again. But if she does...
My thoughts were interrupted by a loud crash outside, followed by a scream. I sprung up and rushed outside, only to be greeted by a shadowy figure lurking over one of the apprentices. A young girl named Lyra, I believe. I held up my hands and conjured up a whip, whipping it towards the figure. The figure, a man it looked like, grabbed the whip and tugged on it, pulling it towards him. He pulled me towards him, then put his hand to my chest. A burst of energy sent me flying into the wall. I fell to the ground and groaned, trying to push myself up. I managed to sit myself up, and when I did, I saw the man conjure up what looked like a spear. My vision was blurred, and the minute I tried to move, I felt a sharp pain in my side. The figure and flung the spear at me, and it went right through my side and into the wall, before disappearing. I held my side, my hand quickly becoming coated it my blood. The figure approached me and knelt down. His face was covered by a black hood.

"Stephen Strange." The man said
"W-who are you?" I spat, my voice shaky
"My identity is not important. What is important, is an artifact you harbor here. A staff, to be exact. I'll be needing it. I do not know the location, so I entrust you will bring it to me. In one week, I will be back, and when I return, you will give me the staff. If you do not, I will ensure that the next shot will kill you, and then I will move onto every sorcerer here until there is nothing and no one remaining. You have one week."

I couldn't speak. I watched as the man formed a portal, and stepped through it, disappearing. The girl, Lyra, quickly ran over to me and called for help. I watched as other apprentices ran over, before my vision went black.

_______

I woke up in my room, my side throbbing. When I opened my eyes, and saw my tunic had been removed, and bandages were wrapped tightly around my waist. I groaned, trying to push myself up.

"Don't move.."

I looked over to see who was talking, and saw (y/n) sitting in a chair beside my bed.

"What are-"
"I heard yelling.. I ran outside and saw everyone crowding you.. Mordo helped me bring you in and bandages you up.. you lost alot of blood." She was looking down.
"Th-thank you.."
(Y/n) looked up at me, her eyes were red and swollen, and her cheeks were wet with tears, "Who was that man?"
"Are you ok?" I asked concerned
"Who. Was. That man?"
"I.." I sighed, "I don't know.. I couldn't see his face.."
"What did he want?"
"A staff.. are you-"
"No.. I'm not ok." She said, her voice cracking

I looked at her, and studied her face. I'd never seen her look so sad..

"What's wrong?" I asked
"I.." tears slipped down her cheeks, "I thought I was going to lose you.."
I stayed silent for a moment, "Well I'm still here.."
"You almost died.."

I looked down a bit, then held my arms out, "Come here.." I said.

"Your side.."
"I don't care."

(Y/n) crawled next to me and laid her head on my chest. I wrapped both my arms around her, holding her close to me. I could feel her breath on my chest, and could feel her shaking. I was never good at comfort, but i tried my best to calm her down.

"You never answered my question..." (Y/n) mumbled
"I know.. I shouldn't of walked out.." I replied
"Then answer it now.."
"(Y/n)..." I sighed
"Please.."

I thought for a moment. We both laid there in silence for about 15 minutes before I quietly answered her question.

"Yes.."