Chapter 8

A/N: Sorry for the incredibly long delay. I've had school to worry about, and some drama has been going on, and I just haven't really had any free time. Sorry again, but here's the long awaited Chapter 8.
Also, 500 views?! That's awesome!! Thank you guys so much!

Stephens P.O.V

Two days have past since I was attacked, meaning we only had 5 days left to come up with a plan. (Y/n) has been practicing outside more then she usually does, and I could tell she was stressed. I was still having trouble moving. Every single movement I made hurt my side even more. I tried my best to ignore the pain. When our time was up, I wouldn't have much of a choice. I walked outside to find (y/n) and, as usual, she was out there.

"(Y/n)! I need to talk to you."
"Can it wait? I'm a bit busy." (Y/n) said as she proceeded to shoot spells at a training dummy.
"No, it cant."

(Y/n) sighed and walked over to me, panting a bit. Her (e/c) eyes have seemed to have lost their color, and looked tired.

"What is it?"
"You need to rest. You've been pushing yourself to hard." I said
"Stephen we have 5 days left, and we've gotten nowhere. No plan, no nothing. Seems to me like fighting is going to be the only way to solve this."
"Look, I'm trying to think of a plan, but if you keep pushing yourself like this, there won't be a plan. Get some sleep."
"What about you? You're supposed to be in bed." (Y/n) said in a sort of aggravated tone
"I'll be fine. Now go. Rest."

(Y/n) sighed and walked inside. I watched her go, just as Mordo walked outside. He came over to me, with a worried expression.

"We've got a problem.."

--

Mordo had led me to the room where the Eye of Agamoto is kept, except there was one slight problem. The Eye was gone..

"Where is the Eye..?!" I exclaimed
"I am wondering the same thing! I heard a scream come from here and ran here as fast as I could. When I arrived, the guards were dead and the Eye was gone..!" Mordo explained
I started to pace, "Who could've taken it? Only someone who knew how to work it would try and steal it.."
"As far as I know, only you and the Anchient One knew how.. Maybe Kaecilius did, but he's long gone."

I stopped, trying to think. My mind could only think of one person, but u doubt he would've gone to those lengths.

"What are you thinking?" Mordo asked
"I have an idea.. I could be wrong, but it's the only one I can think of.."
"Issac?" Mordo asked
I nodded, "He's the only one who has been threatening us, and would go to any length to take away any means of our defenses.."
"Then what should we do? We don't know where he is, we can't go after him."
"No, we cant.. but we can lure him out.
"How do we do that?" Mordo asked
"I know of one way.."

--

Mordo and I were about to execute our plan, but there was one thing i had to do first. This plan could easily get me killed. I made my way to (y/n)'s room and quietly opened the door. (Y/n) was fast asleep on her bed. I walked in and sat on the edge of the bed, moving her hair out of her face. If she knew what i was about to do, she would insist on going with me, which I couldn't allow. I sighed and looked down at my lap. What if I was killed? What if I never saw (y/n) again.. The mere thought made me sad. I shook my head and looked back at her. She looked so peaceful... I leaned down and gently kissed her forehead, then stood up. I made my way to the door, and heard her shift in her bed. I turned to her and her eyes were open.

"Stephen..?" She asked, half asleep
"I was just checking on you. Making sure you were actually resting."
"Come here.."
"(Y/n) i-"
"Please.."

I sighed and walked over to her, sitting back down. She grabbed my hand gently in hers. I looked down. I can't leave her.. but I don't have a choice.

"Can I ask you something?" (Y/n) asked
"Of course." I replied
"Do you love me?"

I blushed at the sudden question, but remained silent. I couldn't hold back anymore.. If i was going to die in the next few hours, then this was the last chance i would get, the last chance to let her know how I really feel. I leaned down, placing my hand gently on her cheek and bringing my lips to hers. (Y/n) wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer. Everything about this moment was perfect.. I didn't want to pull away, but I had to..
I pulled away, my face still close to hers.

"Was that a yes..?" She asked
"Yes..."

She smiled that beautiful smile of hers. I sadly smiled back and stood up, turning away.

"Where are you going?" She asked, sitting up
"I need to take care of something.. You need to stay here."
"Can't you stay a little longer..?"
I sighed and kissed her forehead, "I'll be back.. I promise. Now go back to sleep."
"Ok.."

(Y/n) laid back down and closed her eyes. I walked out, closing the door and letting out a sigh. I knew I might not be able to keep that promise, but it was better then to say where i was going. I went into the courtyard where Mordo was already waiting for me.

It was time.