Chapter 3

((A/N)) So I got 6 reads on this. I wasn't expecting to get any reads honestly. Well, thanks for reading for those who do. I'm going to try and make the chapters a little longer. Again, thank you for the reads. Also sorry for the late update, I've been a bit busy with school and some family things.
××SW××

Stephen's P.O.V
I hadn't gotten much sleep last night. Mordo had informed me that (y/n) had made it to her room and was settled in. I was nervous about what awaited me today. I have never trained anyone, and I didnt know I was going to train her of all people. I tried to brush the thought away and began to think on exactly where I would start with training. My training hadn't exactly been easy, and I honestly couldn't remember where I had started. I was forced into my Astral form, then kicked out. But what did I learn to do first? My mind was all over the place, this isn't like me. 'Think Stephen! Think!'
It was no use. I wasn't going to remember, especially not right now. I got out of bed, got dressed and headed outside. Mordo was outside practicing.

"Where's  (y/n)?" I asked
"Still asleep, last I checked. She had a long journey here, I cannot blame her for being tired." Mordo responded
"Right.. Thank you."

I made my way back inside, and to (y/n)'s room. I knocked on the door. No response. I quietly opened the door, peeking inside. She was still asleep, like Mordo said. I sighed, walking over to her and tapping her shoulder. She groaned, turning over. I tapped her shoulder again, "(y/n) wake up."

"What..?" She said sleepily, opening her eyes a bit
"Wake up. It's time to start your training."
(Y/n) sat up, her hair a mess, "What time is it..?" She asked, rubbing her eyes
"About noon. Get ready and meet me in the courtyard."
"Ok... Can you push my wheelchair over here?"

I nodded, doing so, and walked out. I went back to the courtyard. Mordo was still there, beating at a training dummy with a weapon he conjured up. I sighed. (Y/n) had no idea what we were training with, how was I supposed to explain all this? I thought for a moment on how to explain the magic we used, but I couldn't think of anything. 'I'll just say what comes to my mind first.' I thought.

After a couple minutes, (y/n) wheeled out into the courtyard. Mordo immediatly stopped what he was doing and turned to her. She wheeled over to the both of us.

"What exactly am i learning again? And how is this going to get my walking back?" She asked
"We'll-" I started
"We'll be teaching you how to hone inner powers you don't know you have." Mordo interrupted (and I was glad he did), "We're going to show you how to use those powers to help you walk, and to help you defend yourself should the need arise."
(Y/n) looked dumbfounded, "So... like magic...?"
"Yes, like magic." I said
"We'll first show you how to enter your Astral form. It's what Stephen here first experienced, it's what he's know the longest."
"My... Astral form?"
"Show her."

I sighed and quickly pushed my hand to (y/n)'s chest, pushing her Astral form out of her body. In a split second she was back, but for her it was much longer. Her eyes were wide and her jaw dropped.

"W-What the hell was that?!" She exclaimed
"That was you Astral form leaving your physical form." I began, "No one can see you when you are like that, and you have no real effect on anything around you. You're like a ghost."
Mordo nodded, "That's only the beginning of all this."

(Y/n) took a second to process what we had just done to her, which was understandable. Not many people can easily accept being pushed into another form like that. She looked up at Mordo and I and smiled a bit.

"Teach me more.."

______________

A few months had passed, and (y/n) was growing stronger and stronger with her newfound powers. She was especially talented at opening portals. I was starting to think she was learning faster then I had. She'd spend most of her time in the courtyard, practicing with Mordo. Mordo had offered to be her partner when it came to training, but occasionally she'd ask to take me on. I always declined her request. After the first 3 months, she had managed to regain her legs, but she wasn't very good at keeping her power focused, and would stumble often.

I had made my way to the library, where (y/n) was currently reading. I grabbed a book I had read maybe 4 times and sat down. I opened it a began reading. After a few minutes, I had noticed that (y/n) had moved, and was now sitting across from me.

"Will you tell me about your hands?"
I looked at her, wide eyed, "What..?"
"Your hands. They tremble. Why?"
"You already know. Mordo told you." I replied, looking back at the book.
"I want to hear it from you. Talking about it will help."
"I'd rather not."
"Stephen, if you just talk to someone maybe whatever is going on with you will-"
"I AM NOT GOING TO TALK ABOUT IT!" I yelled, slamming my book down.
(Y/n) jumped, looking at me in shock, a hurt look on her face
"Just..." I sighed, "Please do not ask about it..."
"Alright... I'm sorry.."

(Y/n) got up and quickly left the library, leaving me in silence. My chest felt tight. 'How could I yell at her like that?' I thought, 'I'm such an idiot...'. I sighed, closing the book. I stood up. I needed to apologize to her. I put the book back and walked out of the library. I went to the courtyard to look for her, but she wasn't there. I checked the main hall, but she wasn't there either. The only other place she would be is her room, so I went there next. I knocked on the door. "(Y/n)?"

"Come in.." I heard her say.

I opened the door and walked in. I looked over at (y/n). She wasn't wearing her shirt. She was changing bandages around her waist from a wound she'd gotten from Mordo. She hadn't dodged him in time, but she was ok aside from a small gash. I felt a heat rise into my cheeks as a quickly averted my eyes.

"I-I wanted to apologize to you for yelling..." I said
"It's fine. I shouldnt of pushed you." She said

Was she not embarrassed about me seeing her without a shirt? Yes her chest was covered but...

"You can look now." She said

I turned back to her and her shirt was back on. I sighed, "Again.. I'm sorry. You're right, I should talk to someobe, but I'm just not ready too. It's been years, yes, but... It's still hard to think about it."
"I understand. If you need someone to talk to though, I'm here." She smiled

I smiled back. Her smile brought a sort of happiness to the room. It was like the whole world stopped for a moment and I was- 'no what am I thinking?!'. I quickly shook my head a bit and smiled.

"Thank you... I'll keep that in mind."
"Can i ask you something?" She said
"Of course." I replied
"Will you practice with me?"

There it was, that damned question again. I was going to say no, but for some reason I couldnt. I sighed and looked at her.

"Yes. I'll practice with you."

((A/N)) BAM, chapter 3. Hope you enjoyed it.
××SW××