Chapter 1 : How it all Started

"Brooke what do we have next?" I ask her even though its June and we have had the same schedule since September.

"Augh, we have French." She groans.

We follow our classmates to the dreaded French class. Madam Loeb stands up from her desk and slowly walks to the middle of the class waiting for us to settle down.

"Bonjour, today we are just continuing our project on how many Canadians speak french but now we're putting it onto graph paper. Got it?" I nod my head in understanding.

"Go find your groups then come grab a piece of paper." I walk and grab paper then sit down next to Brooklyn.

"Girls?" Madam asks.

"Yes."

She notices us cramped up between two other groups and asks "Do you want to work next door?"

We stand up and go to the empty classroom to work.

I put the graph paper down on the floor and lay down next to it, continuing to draw.

We hear people running in the hallway.

"Stupid grade sixers, always running around like little kids."mutters Brooke. We keep working.

More people run by except they're are screaming.

"What the hell, calm down people." she says while closing the door.

We continue working dismissing the weird occurrences that just happened.

The school intercom goes off. "Everyone stay calm, we are now in lockdown. Remain calm and go to the nearest classroom."

My phone goes off. It's my friend Brandon. The text says: 'Madam Loeb wants you and Brooke to stay there because this is a real lockdown. Be safe'

I text him a quick 'thanks' then tell Brooklyn what's going on.

I lock the door. "Where should we hide?" she asks panic in her voice.

I point to a corner in the room that you can't see through the windows. We run over there and sit down. After putting my phone on silent I listen. Listen the the sounds outside, next door, downstairs, I just listen for any clue that might help me understand what's happening.

Something starts banging on the door and we both jump. I look at Brooke and she looks and me, both of us scared for our lives.

Low, dead like, moans come from outside in the hallway.

The intercom goes off again and I sigh in relief. "This lockdown is now over you are free to unlock your doors and continue your work. Thanks for your cooperation."

I walk over to our graph and start working on it despite the fact I'm still a bit nervous. Madam Loeb opens our door to check up in us and make sure we're okay.

I thank her and fully close the door warily.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" a girl screams from the French room.

I look out the window to the hallway and see kids in my grade walking around with at least one bite mark on their body. They are moaning, groaning and making the weirdest sounds.

A boy in my class named Anton runs into the hallway. Stupid boy. The kids grab at him and bite his limbs till he's lying on the floor. He tried to fight them off but there was too many. I gasp when they start eating his innards, as he tries getting away they pin him down.

Holy shit.

"Brooklyn! Come look at this." I call her to the door and she is shocked just like me.

"What the hell! Umu! What are you doing to him!" she screams to one of her best friends as she eats Anton's intestine.

They all turn and see us in the window.

I lock the door and run to the corner we were in before.

"Why are they like that? What are they doing? Why didn't she answer me..." Brooke nervously rambles panicking herself more.

"Brooklyn, stay clam." I say calmly.

"We will make it through this." I say reassuring her, even though I'm also reassuring myself.

She calms down, so I grab my phone and call my Mom first. No answer, so I leave a message."Hey Mom just wanna let you know I'm safe. I'm still in my school. I made sure the classroom door is locked and those things can't get me. Please call me back so I know your okay. I love you."

I call my Dad with no answer so I leave the exact same message.

I call my sisters emergency phone she keeps with her.

"Hails!" I say glad she answered.

"It's Dani!"

"Oh my gosh Dani there's monsters at my school, I'm okay though. Are you okay? I'm really scared."

"Yes I'm okay and as soon as I get out of here I'm gonna come get you. Alright stay safe, and if you leave to go somewhere else phone me. Just make sure I know where you are. I love you Hailee."

"I love you too Dani." I hang up and call my best friend Erica.

"Dani."

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm in the office with Mac, Kaitlyn, and Kayla. What about you?"

"I'm in the empty class next to Madam Loeb's room, with Brooklyn. We gotta meet up then get out of here." I explain.

"I should find my brother."

"I'm gonna get my sister from her school tomorrow."

"We have to meet up and stick together."

"I'm with Brooklyn so we will come to the office tomorrow morning."

"Bye"

"Bye"

"See you tomorrow."

I get Brooke to help me barricade the door. We need rest for the journey ahead. As much rest a we can get because I don't know how much we will get in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading this! It's my our first book and We think it's going pretty well! We just put it up yesterday so if your reading this please comment and vote if you like it! Thanks!

Two_Blonde_Chicks