Chapter 8

Barnabas sight:

I'm driving to Angelique with Willly. I want her to finally release me from this curse. I do not do this for Victoria. Victoria is history in my life. To be honest, I didn't know why I'm didn't wants to be vampire more. Of course, it's a factor that I do not want to kill innocent people just to quench my thirst.
But somehow I do it for a certain woman, which means more to me than it was clear to me in the beginning.
She is so extraordinary, exciting and very different from Josette and Victoria. The speech is of course from Dr. Julia Hoffman.
The comment I made about her tender skin and her beautiful face is still embarrassing to me, but I meant everything the way I said it. She is a beauty in her own right...

Finally I arrived at Angel Bay. I ask Willy to stay in the car and then I get out of the car.
This Witch must now be stopped once and for all. I walk through the front door of Angel Bay.
It feels like I'm just going through the gates of the devil...
Once through the first gear. On the wall are pictures of the harbor and Angel Bay.
I turn left around the corner and now you can see on every other picture the face of this intriguing gherkin. There is no stopping for me. Without knocking I enter the office of Angelique.

She looks at me immediately with a smile, as if she had already expected me. "Hello Barnabas." She says in her rough voice, pointing to a chair standing next to her.
"You can sit down."
"I renounce." I say ungratefully.
"What do you want here, did you think about protecting your family and loving me?" Ask she me in a almost triumphantly.
"No." Her face draws a killing glance.
"Why did you come then?" Mock she now.
"I want you to finally turn me back, I do not want to be immortal anymore." According to me, her face looks really surprised.
"Are you sure that you do not want to be a vampire, in the special circumstances of your current family? " Can that damned woman finally talk straight?
"What exactly do you mean by special circumstances?" Angelique suddenly stands up triumphantly and comes closer to me. Now we are face to face. Until she starts whispering:

"What about Dr Hoffmann?" Julia? What's wrong with Julia? She's fine, that's all.
"Why Julia, what's wrong with her, if you've done something to her then live your last minute."
"Does Barney-Boob worry about his little doctor?" What is she saying? I only fold my nose.
"Don't worry, your honey is fine. Still." Add she at the end.
"So she has not told you anything yet? Not a single hint?" I pull my eyebrows together.
"It's funny how you forget to tell important news to those who matter most to you." Now it's enough for me!
"Damn, what's up with Julia, tell me, you scheming witch!" "Somebody probably loses his nerves." Now she smiles ... This little arrogant- I fling her back in her chair and look at her now.
"What about Julia?" I ask to the felt thousandth time ...
"Dr Hoffman or whatever you call her 'Julia'-" She spits her name full of hate. "-kept it from you that you'll soon be a father."

No. No. No. No. She would have told me that. Julia would have said that to me. She would not have kept it from me. Angelique just lies. It's all just a lie. Julia would have told me that. It's just a cheap lie by Angelique.
"You're lying, and you know that very well!"
"Oh, do I know that?"

"You just want to threaten me, and can not burden me any more! Julia would have told me that!"
"You Collins are all under my observation. So Didn't you realize that she just drank water at the happening, or that she was gaining weight every day or her weird behavior towards you? Were you really that blind? still that I'm lying? " Julia would have told me, would not she?
"What, if it were the truth, what are you hoping for?"
"I know that 'Julia' is not unimportant to you and that you are a family man, you certainly would not want anything to happen to Julia or your unborn baby." No! She can't do that!
"You would not even dare to do that in a dream."
"Of course I would spare Julia and maybe your baby if you join me, become MY, Barnabas Collins."
"No way! I will never love you Angelique!" Why does not she understand that ?!
"Well, then you will not see Julia and Barnabas Jr again." This smug smile drives me crazy!
"You will not bend a single hair for her and the baby!"
"You command that now, but now I have other plans for your little Julia in the future, so tonight, because unfortunately there will not be another future for Julia."
"Not until I can get her to safety!" I scream at her. Immediately afterwards, I feel shackles around my body.

"Oh, can you?" Then she pushes me into a black box. It seems like a sarcophagus. This despicable creature! This intrigue witch! This little disgusting MONSTER !! She can not harm Julia, she can not do that! Not JULIA !! Not her!
"YOU WILL NEVER COME AS SOON!"
"You're wrong, Barnabas, I've come so far, now I wish you a good drive." She closes the lid and it turns black ...

~to be Continued~