Chapter 8

Cico rolled over in bed and looked at the clock as someone knocked on their door. It was six in the morning. She began to moan but Adrian covered her mouth as he pulled her back into his arms. Putting a figure up to his lips, he told her to be quiet as he got out of bed and walked over to the door. Looking through the peep hole, he went still as the knocking continued.

Still laying down, Cico watched as Adrian closed his eyes and a light knock came from above her head. “What's going on?” she whispered softly. Some of my coworkers are outside looking for us, Adrian though as he kept watch out the peep hole. A few seconds later they moved on the next door. “Where's Abby?” She didn't know why she hadn't thought of that last night when she found the other bed empty, what kind of person was she? If things were different and she hadn't met Abby in her backyard, then they could have been friends.

“She's next door, before the pizza got here last night she went to rent the room next to us. Don't ask me why, she's crazy. I have known her my whole life and I still don't understand her,” he said walking to the bathroom.

“You have known her your whole life? Are you guys siblings?” Cico asked sitting up. Cico was feeling something bitter building up inside her and she didn't know what is was coming from. Was this what jealousy felt like?

“I have worked for her father since she was 5, I have been watching her and helping her with her gifts ever since,” he said closing the door.

“Gifts? What gifts?” Cico called out through the door.

“You saw them yesterday, that wasn't a dream and you were seeing things. When she gets over here after her shower, I'll explain what is going on,” he yelled over the shower running.

With no TV to keep her mind off of things, Cico started to have a mini panic attack. She was hoping the whole car chase thing was a dream. The mind talking and the fire balls all a part of a crazy dream. It didn't take long for her to find out she was wrong, Adrian had proved her wrong when she woke up. Then to make this worse, she told him about all of the deaths she has caused. He also knew about her dreams. What was he going to do to her?

Who would want to stay in the same room with someone who could kill them with their dreams? The dreams hadn't been happening for very long. About five years ago Cico woke up to her room a wreck, like a twister had gone through the room. A few days later she woke up to the same thing. Not knowing what was going on, she had a camera running that night to try to find out what was going on. When she got up in the morning the windows were broken out.

The tapes was all she needed. She can not just kill people she loves, but her dreams actually happen while she is asleep. How did she sleep through them all? That was when she found out she wasn't human. It was just another reason for why she should stay to herself. To keep others safe and to keep her secret safe. But what was she supposed to do now? Adrian knew and most likely Abby too.

“Let Abby in,” Adrian called out from the shower, snapping Cico out of her thoughts as Abby knocked at the door. She must have been able to read thoughts or Cico was opened book, because when she opened the door for her, Abby pulled her into a hug.

“What's wrong?” she asked, leading her to the bed that no one slept in. “Talk to me,” she asked. Instead of answering, Cico hugged her legs and stared at the bathroom. Two minutes later Adrian walks out, wearing the same clothes from yesterday.