Chapter 4

Without explaining anything to Cico, Adrian pulled Abby into Cico's room and closed the door behind him. He didn't know if he wanted to kill her or call her father right here and now. “What the hell are you doing here?” he snapped locking the door. “Are you that pissed at your father that you came here?”

“I didn't know where else to go and I knew you lived close by but I didn't know where. Then I saw the girl in town and there was something about her that made me feel safe. I know the way I ask if I could stay could have been better, but sorry! I was freaking out and I didn't want to be out in the open any longer than I had to be. I didn't know when one of Dad's demons' were going to show up, you know what they are like, with you being one and all,” she said adding the last part on a mumble. “Please don't call Dad!” she said snapping her head up after a few seconds of silence.

Adrian didn't know what to do. He knew he should call Death but at the same time he knew what Death would do if he called and told him that his only daughter was standing right in front of him in the house of the gray soul. Adrian didn't know what to do but he did know that he had to get Abby out of Cico's house. He knew that Cico didn't like him being around and that she just put up with him until he left. She tried to hide the fact that people made her uncomfortable but it showed. He could only guess how she must be feeling to have Abby staying here.

“I won't call but you are coming to my place. Cico doesn't like having people around. To be honest, I am surprised she let you stay the night,” he finally answered her as he paced the floor in front of her. “I don't know what I am going to do about your father but you will stay with me in the mean time and until then stay away from Cico. Trying to figure some things out about her and at the same time trying to find that soul that your father wants so bad,” he said letting out a heavy sigh. “Why did you even leave your father?”

“Don't want to talk about him right now, that jerk thinks he could keep something like that away from me? He can think again!” she snapped turning her back to Adrian as she tighten the towel around her. Adrian had forget that he had grabbed her in here after she had gotten out of the shower and thought that now was a good time to leave the room.

“Come out with your stuff once you are dressed. We will be leaving soon,” he said rubbing his head as he left the room. He walked into the living room to find Cico sitting on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate in her hand but didn't look like she had drunk any of it. How long had he been in there for?

Cico didn't move or looked up as Adrian slowly walked in and he saw that she had zoned out and was looking at the floor. There was a scar on the bottom of her chin and Adrian noticed the freckles that ran under her left ear down to the top of her neck. How did she get the scar and the freckles behind her ear? Then he noticed what she was wearing. Cico had a tank top that gave him a good view of her cleavage and short shorts. Wings were printed on the back of the white tank top and he found them funny since technically wings were either silver or black, depending on the angel.

As he was studying her he realized that she had been through hell and back. If he was someone else and not the demon he was, he would have never noticed it. He would have done anything at that moment to be in her head and to see what she was seeing at that moment. Sadness was all over her face and he didn't like that look on her. He knew it wouldn't be easy, but he wanted to make her happy and take the sad away.

“Enjoying the view?” a voice said snapped making Adrian look away from Cico's back. Cico had turned around and was facing him, looking mad. “Do you attack every attractive girl you see?”

“What? No, I know Abby's father. I actually work for him,” Adrian said surprised. He should have explained his actions when he came back out but was detracted by her back. “Sorry, I should have explained my actions.”