It hurts

I had been dating Carlos for three days. He was nice and he hugged me and kissed me. He was way overprotective though. If a guy even looked at me, he would say something about it. With his massively muscular and strong body, he intimidated all the guys. It was Saturday and I hadn't talked to Shonna or Orlando since the day I started dating Carlos.

I still felt bad and I found myself crying at night sometimes. I missed Lando so much. I missed his hugs and his jokes and him tickling me. I missed everything.

Carlos was going to pick me up and take me out to a party that Derreck was having. I was getting dressed in my room. I was going to wear a black dress and some black wedge heels. I had straightened my hair and put in my makeup. I put on my pearls. I put them on with everything. The dress was tight and had lots of cleavage.

Of course I had already let Carlos meet my parents. My mom acted as she did when she met Derreck. She rushed away. She didn't slap me this time though. Of course, Carlos made my dad like him by being charming. It made me smile. Not even Derreck could do that.

"Okay." I spoke aloud to nobody in particular.

I got my purse and walked outside and found Carlos parked out front. I claimed into his car and shut the door. Carlos looked like he belonged in a rap video. With him being the rapper. All that jewelry.

I sat quietly as Carlos drove. I was thinking about how good the party was going to be. I thought it would be fun. I could just see me and Carlos dancing the night away now.

Carlos parked and we both got out the car and went inside of Derreck's house. Most people were dancing. Some stood around and drank and some made out with their boyfriend or girlfriends or both.

I saw Derreck whispering into Trina's ear. I couldn't believe him. He would mess with Martina's friend. That's low as hell. That's what she gets anyway.

"Hey man" Carlos called to Derreck. Carlos was holding on to my hand tightly but not tight enough to hurt me.

"Hey wassup? Hey Rain" Derreck looked at me and I saw a hint of I don't even know what he's feeling.

"Hi" I almost whispered.

"Hey man. Nothin." Carlos said after staring at me for I long time.

I saw Shonna walk in with Lamar. I saw Lando walk in by himself. I looked away carefully as I could feel that painful feeling in my heart like the day I told him not to talk to me anymore. I put my hand in my chest and closed my eyes to ease the hurt.

"Are you okay Rain?" Derreck asked.

"No.... uh... Yea! I'm fine." I stopped talking. I realized I was talking way too loudly.

"O...kay. So ima go over here with Trina. See y'all later" Derreck said as he walked away.

I instantly felt myself being pulled into the hallway. Nobody was in the hallway. Carlos glared at me. It was almost scary.

"What the hell is goin on here? Have you been fuckin Derreck?" He asked me.

"No! What the hell!" I said. I Was not kind of pisses.

"You better not be. You better not be fucking Orlando either or your ass is grass!" Carlos grabbed me by my arms and shook me. I was terrified.

"I...I ..... I ummm"

"You stutter too damn much. Stop it." Carlos said coldly. That really hurt my feelings.

I could feel a tear slip from my eyes. I couldn't believe this. How could he do that to me? I wanted to run away so bad.