Chapter 36- Trajectory

MacKenzie's POV

We're in the cortex. I'm leaning against the silver bar of the desk, totally daydreaming.

"Are you okay?" Cisco asks Jesse, who is looking at the helmet and I start to pay attention.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine." Jesse says.

"Hey, any luck locating our speedster since Eliza checked out?" Barry asks, walking in.

"I'm still working on it, but..." Cisco says and then he's cut off by lights sparking.

Barry puts his mask on and a flash rushes in. Next thing you know, Barry's gone.

"Hey!" Barry yells from the computer screen. "Hey! Cisco! Hey, Joe! Hey, she's got me in the Pipeline!"

The speedster flashes back in and throws Joe across the room. The speedster grabs me and points a gun at my head.

"Cisco!" I screech, tears coming from my eyes as my quakes start. The speedster let's go of me cause my quakes hurt her, but she keeps the gun pointed at me.

"What are you?" She mutters, looking at me.

"What do you want?" Harry asks.

"Where's the V-9, Caity? I need a fix." The speedster says.

"Eliza, is that you?" Caitlin asks.

"Oh, Eliza's not here right now. My name is Trajectory." Eliza says.

"Oh, why do the crazy ones always name themselves?" Cisco asks.

"Look, Eliza, Velocity-9 is very dangerous, okay?" Caitlin says. "It made a friend of mine very sick, and he already had the speed force in him. Look, your cellular system..."

"Enough!" Eliza says. "You are boring me to death. Hand over the V."

"I'm a physician. I took an oath. I can't give you anything that will hurt you." Caitlin says.

"Right, so either hand over the V, or the freak girl gets it." Eliza says. She shoots the gun, a warning shot past me.

"Caitlin" I say through my teeth.

"Hey, move now." Eliza tells to Cisco and he gets up from his spot next to the helmet.

"Look, all the flasks are gone. There's nothing left." Caitlin says.

"Hey, I was really hoping you wouldn't make me do one of those I have to kill you each one by one until you give me what I want." Eliza says. "Oh, well." She grabs Jesse and points the gun at her. My quakes die off when the gun is not on me.

"Wait. Wait." Harry says. "You want V-9? We'll make it for you."

"Dad, you can't." Jesse says.

"We have all the ingredients." Caitlin says.

"I'm not a patient person, so better move fast." Eliza says.

Caitlin and Harry run to the other room and Eliza throws Jesse on the floor, still pointing the gun at her.

***

Harry and Caitlin finished the V-9.

"It's what you wanted." Harry says, handing the V-9 to Eliza. "Now let her go."

"How do I know the two of you didn't lace this with a sedative to put me on my ass?" Eliza asks.

"We wouldn't do that." Harry says.

"You can never be too safe, right?" Eliza asks. She injects Jesse with the V-9 and Harry smacks it out of her hand.

"No!" Harry yells.