Chapter 3- Flash of Two Worlds

MacKenzie's POV

"Your world is in danger, Barry Allen." The man, Jay says. "Please, just let me explain. I mean you no harm."

"How do you know my name?" Barry asks Jay.

"I know all your names." Jay says and then he looks around the room, naming people. "Caitlin Snow, Cisco Ramon, Mack Raymond, Detective Joe West..."

"Enough." Joe says, tightening his grip on his gun and Jay puts his hands up. "That part about explaining needs to happen right about now."

"This world is in danger." Jay says.

"What other worlds are there?" Cisco asks.

"When you created the singularity above Central City, you also created a breach between my world and yours." Jay says.

"I'm sorry, a breach?" Iris asks.

"Yes, a portal connecting our two earths." Jay says.

"And what precisely is your concern?" Stein asks.

"A few days ago, you found a dead man named Al Rothstein at the nuclear plant." Jay says. "But then a different Al Rothstein tried to kill you."

"Atom Smasher." Cisco says.

"That man was from my world." Jay says. "If he got through the breach, I suspect there'll be more to follow."

"Okay, so, Jay, how exactly do you know all of this?"Barry asks.

"Where I came from, I was a speedster like you. They called me The Flash." Jay says. "Before I arrived on your earth, I was in a fight with a man named Zoom."

"Zoom? I've heard that name before. Atom Smasher, he said Zoom sent him here to kill me." Barry says. "Who is this guy?"

"He's a speedster, like you and me." Jay says. "And fast. Maybe the fastest of all. But evil. He is an unstoppable demon with the face of death. We were engaged in our fiercest battle ever, racing throughout my city. But I wasn't fast enough to stop him. Zoom had me beaten. He was about to kill me when suddenly there was a blinding light and the sky split open. A breach, between my world and yours, caused from the singularity. It pulled me in....and I somehow ended up in your world. Powerless. Unable to return home." Jay finishes his story.

"What do you mean?" Caitlin asks him.

"I lost my speed." Jay says.

"How?" Barry asks.

"Not entirely sure." Jay says.

"So, you've been in Central City for six months?" Joe asks. "Why haven't you come to see us before?"

"I'm in a foreign world here, Detective." Jay says."I didn't know who you all were. Took me that long to piece it all together."

"So that's how you know our names." Iris says. "You've been following us."

"Look, I know how this sounds." Jay says. "The existence of another earth, you, another Flash, it all came as an unexpected shock to me, too. I just wish there was something I could do to convince you."

"There is." Barry says. "We're gonna...do some tests on you. See if you're telling us the truth. Cause if you're not, this Zoom, he's not gonna be your only enemy."

***

Caitlin was running tests on Jay and the rest of us were in the cortex, debating. I was leaning my back against the metal rod of the desk, listening to everyone talk. Somewhere during all the stuff that happened before Jay was getting tested, my powers had stopped.