Chapter 14- Enter Zoom

MacKenzie's POV

Barry just came up from talking to Dr. Light about Zoom and now he just told us about his conversation with her.

"Zoom wants Doctor Light to send him your new emblem." Caitlin says, walking over to the desk I was sitting on with a cup in her hand.

"Yes. We need it for bait." Barry says. "If we can get Doctor Light to take my emblem, throw it through the breach, then Zoom will come to collect my body, and we can trap him."

"You know it took a lot of work to make that emblem, right?" Cisco says.

"This is the woman who was willing to kill Linda in order to escape Zoom, but now she's willing to help us catch him?" Caitlin asks.

"She knows it's the only way." Barry says.

"Before I left Earth-2, I worked on a serum to dampen Zoom's speed." Harry says, coming into the cortex. "All we would need is for Ramon and Ray to develop a weapon to deliver it." He says. Guess my name is Ray now...

"Oh, great, that could be this year's cold gun. Maybe another criminal can get it, and then we'd have Sergeant Slow." Caitlin sarcastically says.

"I would never let that happen. Sergeant Slow is a terrible name." Cisco says.

"Are we forgetting how much more powerful than Barry Zoom seems to be?" Caitlin asks. "I mean, if Barry can catch bullets, what's to say Zoom can't catch whatever you shoot at him?"

"Surprise... the element of surprise. All we would do is rig a projectile to fire as Zoom crosses into the breach. He can't stop what he can't see coming." Harry says.

"That's great." Barry says.

"Thanks." Harry says.

"Joe, voice of reason here?" Caitlin asks, turning around to Joe who's in the doorway.

"We need a plan." Joe says. "That's as good as any. As long as he can deliver."

"Don't underestimate me, Detective." Harry says, walking away.

Barry's phone rings.

"Oh, Patty needs us back at the station." Barry says, walking past Joe. "I'll meet you there, all right?"

Joe nods to us to come into the doorway with him. Cisco and I look at each other before I jump off the desk and walk over with him and Caitlin to Joe.

"Are you just forgetting everything Jay told us and supporting Wells now?" Caitlin asks in a sorta whisper.

"Oh, no, I don't trust Wells at all." Joe says. "I just want to see what he's up to. I figure we give him some rope, he'll hang himself."

"Yeah, I'm totally with you. I think he's hiding something." Cisco says.

"Look, my hunch after interrogating suspects all these years, something's not right with this dude." Joe says. "Barry told me about this thing you can do?"

"Vibing." I say with a smile.

"Oh, God, just relax." Cisco says.

"Can you do it with Wells?" Joe asks.

"I can try." Cisco says and we look over at Harry.

***

Cisco told me that he was gonna go take some food down to Light in the pipeline.

"Dr. Light's gone invisible! Lock the doors!" Is the next thing I hear from Cisco. "Shut the doors!" He yells over the speaker.

Caitlin and I type on the computer.