Chapter 19

~Amy's POV~

Niall closes his eyes, and soon he's apparently talking softly, because the comments on the livestream blow up with how adorable he is. "Liam... I'm sorry..." Niall murmurs, just loud enough that the computer picks it up and my captions read me the words. Liam looks at the sleeping Irish, and everyone watches as he fidgets, muttering something softly that makes Liam's eyes go wide.

"I'm going to end it off, bye." Liam says, and the livestream immediately goes down. Harry walks into the room and picks me up suddenly, running to the door before I have a chance to complain.

"We're going to the hospital right now." Harry says, getting into the backseat of the car and putting me down next to him. Louis runs out, dragging a sleepy Zayn behind him by the arm. He dumps Zayn in the passenger seat then starts the car. We zip down the street, and I spend the ride rethinking my life choices while Harry yells at Louis to drive more carefully. When we arrive, we all run up to Niall's room, ignoring the receptionist completely. Louis shouts Niall's name to her as he passes, and she just nods, turning back to her computer. Well that was easy. When we get up to the room, everyone stops in their tracks when we see Niall sitting in a chair outside the room, staring at the wall like he's seen a ghost. His hand is pressed firmly to his cheek, blocking our view of most of his face.

"Niall, what happened?" Harry asks, putting his hand on my brother's arm. Niall completely ignores his touch, still staring at the wall.

"What did he do?" Niall whispers slowly, never even blinking. He slowly lets his hand drop to his lap, and I gasp. Niall's hand is covered in blood, and there is a huge cut going across his face, from forehead to cheek.

~Niall's POV~

As soon as I close my eyes, I'm thrown into a dream, well, more of a nightmare.

I'm looking at a dark room with three people in it. Harry, Louis, and Liam. Liam is crying his eyes out, and Harry and Louis are attempting to comfort him. "It was all my fault!" Liam yells, hitting the table he's leaning on angrily. "Now he's probably dead because of me!" Harry and Louis keep whispering things I can't hear to Liam, but they seem to make him more agitated. "It's been almost three months! Three months he's been gone now, and I'm the only reason he was ever in danger!" Liam cries, sobbing. I've never seen him this broken. Then again, I've only known him since bootcamp, and in my mind that wasn't very long ago, even though Liam said it's been four years. Is he talking about me? Am I the one he thinks he put in danger?

"Liam, it wasn't your fault. I'm sorry that this happened to you." I say softly, and the room disappears as I speak. "I had to protect you." I say with complete certainty, recalling everything Simon told me about Greg. I was gone for three months, kidnapped, and he wanted Liam. That must have been a scene from when I was gone and when people were giving up hope. Liam blamed himself the entire time. "Greg took my innocence, that's what you said." I say, suddenly hoping that my old habit of talking in my sleep will help me out here. "But my innocence is worth less than your life." I don't know if Liam can hear me, but it doesn't matter. I don't know what Greg did to me, but I know it was bad, and I have a few very bad suspicions of things that no one else could even begin to think he did to me. But I also know it was for Liam, whether or not I remember. I know that I sacrificed myself for him, and when that thought hits my mind I enter another dream, a memory.

"Niall, I feel like I'm the only one that really knows how much danger you're in. I assume that's what Paul was talking about?" Liam asks, looking at me. We're in a kitchen that I feel like I should recognize, but I don't. I'm looking through my own eyes, but I can't control my own body. I feel myself nod, even though I barely know who Paul is, much less what he said, and Liam continues. "You're risking your life for us, Niall, but mainly for me. Greg is after me and you're doing what you can to stop him. You're saving my life, whether you believe it or not, and I can't thank you enough for it. Just stay safe, okay? I would say I'll see you soon, but I feel like both of us know that it isn't that easy." I pull Liam into a one-armed hug, and when I pull away, he walks to a door. Right before he leaves, I speak up.