Chapter 6

~Liam's POV~

It's been two days since we got out of the hospital, two extremely boring days of watching TV and not being able to leave the flat. I've seen more Spongebob in two days than I have for the past 5 years, something I'm fine with because it makes Amy happy. Niall walks in the living room, a giant grin on his face. "Liam, you get out of the wheelchair tomorrow!" He says excitedly, and I smile.

"What's the catch?" I ask, knowing that something's happening. Niall sighs, confirming my suspicions.

"We have an interview in a couple hours." He says. I nod, grabbing the wheels of my chair and pushing myself over to him.

"What about Amy?" I ask, looking at the girl still watching the TV.

"Eleanor and Perrie are coming over. Now go get dressed, I'll tell Amy what's going on." He says, walking toward my sister. I turn and wheel into his bedroom, and over to his dresser, where a suitcase full of my clothes is resting. Harry brought them over from my flat yesterday, apparently I'm not allowed back in my flat until the doctor says.

I grab a random shirt and a pair of jeans and push myself to the bathroom, where I lock the door and stand, changing. I can stand to change, get into a bed, or use the bathroom, but not for long periods of time, so I can't take a shower. After I change I sit back down, leaving the bathroom to see Niall and Amy, both dressed, watching more Spongebob. There's a knock on the door, which Niall doesn't seem to notice, so I wheel over and open the door. Eleanor, Perrie, Louis, Zayn, and Harry walk in, smiling. Niall stands, walking over to us, and Eleanor and Perrie wave before going to sit next to Amy, who smiles and hugs them. Niall grabs the handles of my wheelchair and pushes me out the door. Louis, who's the last one out, blows a kiss to Eleanor before shutting the door tightly.

"Where are we going?" I ask, looking up at all of my friends. Sitting while they're all standing sure makes me feel short.

"Somewhere across town. Simon booked this interview ages ago and he didn't want to cancel." Harry says, pushing a button in the elevator. The doors close, and we sit in silence until we reach the bottom. Paul greets us there, smiling.

"Come on, boys. It's about a 20 minute drive, and we're taking two cars. Louis and Zayn, you're in one, and Harry, Niall, and Liam you're in the other." He says, and our group moves toward the doors. Paul pushes them open and Niall pushes me to the first of two cars, where I stand and step inside, sitting back down. Paul loads the wheelchair in the back, and Harry and Niall get in next to me. Louis and Zayn wave before getting into the second car, and soon we're off. Paul, who ended up in our car, looks back at the three of us, and I frown.

"Why do I have to stay in that wheelchair? I can walk on my own, I don't need that thing." I say suddenly, annoyed.

"Doctor's orders, Liam. Sorry." Paul says, turning back around. I cross my arms and glare at the back of his head, making Niall and Harry laugh.

"Don't worry. After tomorrow, you'll never have to be in that thing again." Harry says. "Although I don't see why you're complaining. I'd love to have someone pushing me around all the time. Beats walking." I smile, still annoyed.

"Yeah, but still. It feels like I'm being a bother and depending on everyone else when I don't need to. And I don't want to do that." I say, not expecting an answer. And I don't get one, because the rest of the ride is spent in silence, until the car comes to a stop and Paul turns to face us.

"We're here." He says, opening his door and stepping out. I see flashing lights and Niall hands me a pair of sunglasses, slipping some on himself. Harry pulls out a pair as well, and when Paul opens my door, he's gained a pair. "Lots of paparazzi today, probably because of you, Liam." He comments, helping me out of the car and back into the wheelchair. I smile for the cameras, but inside I'm still sick of this thing. Sure, at first I was too dizzy to stand, but now it's just stupid. I grab the wheels and roll myself past the paps and into the studio, where I'm greeted by Lou and a tech man, who hands her 5 mics before leaving. Lou turns and walks down a hallway, so I follow her, and when I hear five sets of footsteps, I know the other lads and Paul are following us as well.

We enter a room with a chair in front of a mirror, a couch, a table with assorted snacks, and a telly, and I know that it's time to get styled. Lou grabs Harry first, forcing him to sit in the chair while she messes with his curls. Niall and Zayn's hair is put into a quiff, and Louis's is swept to the side perfectly, then she messes around with my hair a bit before stepping back and smiling, looking at the 5 of us.

"You all look great. Here." She says, clipping a pic to each of our shirts in a way that it doesn't stand out. That's one of those things she's good at, making it look like the mics aren't there so they don't attract attention. She can even make the black mic unnoticeable on Harry's white tee. Paul pokes his head in the room, smiling.

"You guys are on." He says, opening the door. Harry walks out first, then Louis, Zayn, Niall, and finally me. We all smile and wave before sitting on the couch, or in my case beside it, and looking at the interviewer, a man that I should probably remember the name of, but I don't. I'm on the end, farthest away from him, and I'm fine with that.

"So, exciting couple days you all have had, huh?" The man starts off. I think his name is Tom? I'll just call him that. So Tom starts off.

"Yeah." Harry replies, looking at me. "With Liam in the hospital it's been pretty interesting, I wouldn't exactly say exciting, though." Tom nods, looking down the row at me.

"How exactly did it happen? I hear you got a concussion, and on your birthday, no less. Care to explain?" He asks. I really don't want to, but I have to say something.

"I fell and hit my head, basically. Nothing too serious, but it knocked me out for a few hours." I say, looking at the small crowd in front of us that mainly consists of Paul and the other guards. "The only reason I have this is because I've been too dizzy to stand, but I feel better now and I'm getting out of it tomorrow." Tom nods, smiling.

"That's good. Now then, about the girl you met. Zayn tweeted about a little deaf girl in the hospital, and sources say her name is Amanda, and she's an orphan. Do you know what's happening to her?" He asks. Can you people leave Amy out of this?

"Yep. We met in the hospital, she got a concussion as well from falling down the stairs at her orphanage. Since I know sign language, we talked for a while, and we were both released on the same day." I say.

"About that. The day you left, some paparazzi got pictures of Amy going with the rest of you into your cars and back to your flats. Why is that?" The screen behind us shows a picture of Paul and the other guard lifting me into the van, then Amy. I look at my friends, and they all look at Niall, who smiles.

"She wouldn't have been able to be watched 24/7 at the orphanage, so she would have had to stay at the hospital until tomorrow. Liam already had to stay with me, so I volunteered to have Amy stay with me as well." He explains. Wow, nice save, Niall. Tom nods, taking his answer, and all of us relax as he moves on to other subjects.

"With Perrie it's easy, because she has to go on tours and be away a lot as well, so she understands what it's like." Zayn says, answering Tom's last question.

"This has been One Direction! Thanks, and we'll see you next time!" Tom says, signing off. Someone backstage yells cut, and Niall stands, hugging me.

"Good job, Niall. Management would kill us if we said anything." I whisper, making sure no one but us hears. He nods, standing and grabbing the handles of my wheelchair. One more day and I can get out of this thing. One long, long day.