Chapter 10

~Niall's POV~

When I finish packing, I turn to Liam. "I think Harry and Louis are in the game room. Wanna go check it out?" I ask.

"Sure." Liam replies, closing his closet. "I'm going to take Amy with me, I don't want to leave her alone." He says, picking up his sister. I open the door, and Liam walks out, going into a room a few doors down. I hear Harry yelling at Louis, then Zayn grumbling about something. I guess he's in there, too. I walk down the hallway and into the game room, my eyes widening at the sight. There are games everywhere. I see two consoles and a DS for each of us. Everyone else has already claimed theirs, so I grab the remaining one, which is lime green, turning it on.

"Want to play Mario Kart?" Harry asks, his eyes darting up to meet mine for a second before returning to his game.

"I can't." I say, looking at my arm. "I can't use my arm." Harry nods, still sucked into the game.

"I'll play with you guys when you're done." Zayn says, turning his DS on and sitting down next to Harry.

"No need to worry about that, I'm about to cream Harry." Louis comments, just as Harry sits back and groans. Louis throws his hands up and cheers, the DS dropping into his lap. Harry starts a new game and soon Zayn and Louis are yelling at him for starting before they were ready. Harry just smirks and continues playing. Liam meets my eyes and puts his own game down, and I see that he's playing Pokemon.

"Which game is that?" I ask, just as a giant Ho-oh flashes across the screen. "Never mind." I say, instead looking through the games. "How many different Pokemon games do we need?!" I ask in shock, looking at the number of games we have.

"I know, crazy. But they've really thought this out. We can't do anything that requires internet, and all of the apps like YouTube and Twitter are disabled. We have no way of accessing the outside world from here." Liam says, frowning. "I feel like that could really backfire if something went wrong." I nod, changing the subject.

"I'm hungry, can we go get some food?" I ask. Liam smiles, shaking his head.

"Of course you are. Let's go." We both walk out of the room and head for the stairs. I grab the rail with my uninjured hand and walk downstairs, Liam right behind me. We walk into the kitchen to see Paul making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I see four more on the counter and grab one, taking a huge bite.

"It's a good thing those were for you five, otherwise I'd be angry." Paul says, laughing. Liam smiles and grabs another sandwich, and Paul puts the one he was finishing on a plate, setting it down with the others. "ZAYN! HARRY! LOUIS! I MADE SANDWICHES!" Paul yells up the stairs. I hear pounding footsteps and Zayn and Louis run in, followed by Harry, who's carrying Amy. Amy snores softly, making all of us grin. Paul starts making another sandwich, and Liam shakes Amy softly, waking her up. She looks at all of us and smiles, then realizes we have food. She looks around then leans over and takes the sandwich off of Zayn's plate, taking a bite. Zayn frowns, but Paul hands him the sandwich he just finished making and he smiles again. We all laugh, including Amy, which makes us laugh more. She has the prettiest laugh...

After we finish, Paul clears his throat. "I needed to get you all in one place, and I figured food was a good way to do that. So, now that you're all here, we need to talk about what's happening while you're here." He stops to take a breath, and I notice Liam signing what he's saying to Amy. "You can play the games we have, but no using wireless transmissions. As far as your fans, I've tweeted from all of your accounts saying that you're taking a break until Niall's arm heals, so you're on vacation. No one knows where your 'vacation' is, so they won't question the fact that you've disappeared for a while." Paul explains. Louis raises his hand like a kid in school, and Paul smiles. "Yes, Louis."

"How long are we going to be here for?" Louis asks. Thank you for not asking something completely random, Louis. That's a first. Paul sighs, looking at a calender on the wall.

"There are two reasons why you would leave. One, we find and catch Greg and his accomplices and make sure that there is no threat. Two, we are found, which might happen sooner than we think." He says.

"What do you mean?" Harry asks, speaking for all of us.

"Niall, let me see your injured arm." Paul says. I hesitate, confused, but pull my arm out of the sling, and Paul helps me rest it on the table. He unwraps the bandages around where I was stabbed, pointing to a raised area above the stitches I had to get. "That's what I was afraid of." Paul says, pressing down on my arm. I wince, resisting the urge to pull away. The raised part gets higher, and I see a bit of black beneath my skin. I look at Paul, scared. "Niall, Greg didn't stab you just to hurt you. He put a tracker in your arm as well while you were distracted by the pain. And that means he knows exactly where we are." I look at my arm, shocked.

"What do we do?" Liam asks, looking at my arm as well. Paul looks uncomfortable.

"We either have to separate Niall from the rest of you and move him somewhere else, or we have to get that tracker out of his arm." My heart sinks, and I wince again.

"How would you do that?" I ask, even though the answer is pretty obvious.

"We'd have to basically open up your arm and pull it out." Paul says, and I grimace.

"What's the point?" I ask, looking straight at Paul.

"What do you mean?" He asks, and I see the discomfort in his eyes.

"What's the point of doing anything about the tracker? I've been in one place long enough that Greg already knows where we are. You can take out the tracker or move me, he's not stupid, and he'd know that we figured it out. He knows that this is where we are, so there's no point in doing anything." I say, clenching my teeth. Paul nods, giving in more quickly than I expected. I turn and start walking away, but Paul grabs my shoulder.

"I need to wrap your arm back up." He says simply. I nod, resting my arm on the table. Paul wraps it up tightly, helping me put it back in the sling. I turn and walk upstairs, straight to my room. When I turn around, Liam is standing behind me.

Liam, are you okay?" I ask, seeing how pale he looks. He's about to respond when there's a knock on the door downstairs. I hear footsteps running up the stairs, and Paul appears in the room, breathless, Harry, Louis, Zayn, and Amy behind him.

"Go to the shelter. Someone's here."