Chapter 2

~Amy's POV~

Liam's eyes widen and he stares at me. 'Amanda.' He signs. 'Amanda Holstop.'

I gasp, and Mandi and I both stare at him. 'How do you know my name?' I sign, confused and slightly terrified. He manages to push his wheelchair over to me, stopping right next to my bed.

'Amanda Holstop. Deaf. Ten years old. Parents died in a car accident when she was one that also cost her her hearing. I found you.' He signs, most likely saying the words at the same time. His friends look shocked, then they grin. Mandi shoots me a look, and I shrug.

'But I don't have a brother.' I sign, wary of these famous boys that know my name.

'Amanda, I've been searching for you since I found out that our parents died nine years ago. Nine years ago today.' He signs, his face falling as my eyes fill with tears. 'I love you, Amy.' Liam says, pulling me into a hug.

And that's how I find myself hugging Liam Payne in a hospital, both of us crying, on the anniversary of my parents' death. And, as Mandi has reminded me before, his birthday.

Wait!!

I push Liam away, quickly signing to him. 'Happy Birthday.'

'Thank you, Amy.' He says, looking at his hands. 'I don't really think it's very happy, you know, considering what else happened today. I haven't honestly celebrated my birthday in years.' I shake my head, gaping at him.

'Nonsense. We are celebrating, right now.' I sign, demanding him to enjoy his birthday.

He just laughs, gesturing to what's around us. 'In case you haven't noticed, we're both in a hospital right now. Oh yeah, how'd you get in here?' He asks. I smile.

'Fell down the stairs at the orphanage. I wasn't paying attention. You?' He grins sheepishly.

'Got lightheaded and fell off my bed, gave myself a concussion.' He signs, turning around to see three annoyed faces and two happy ones. I poke Liam's shoulder, making him turn around.

'What's going on, Liam?' I sign, pointing to his friends, who now look scared.

'Simon.' He says simply, taking a phone from Zayn's outstretched hand. Well this should be interesting.

~Liam's POV~

Well, this should be interesting.

I take the phone from Zayn and put it up to my ear. "LIAM, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE HOSPITAL?!?!?!" Simon yells in my ear, loudly enough that everyone but Amy turns and stares at me.

"Uncle Si, calm down, I'm fine." I say carefully. "And there's other people in the room that can hear you." I add as an afterthought.

"Well what are you doing there?" He asks more calmly.

"Better. I might have gotten a slight concussion, nothing big." I say casually.

"A concussion? How? How bad is it? Was it Harry?" I laugh, cutting him off.

"No, I was clumsy. Harry did not give me a concussion." I say, laughing more at Harry's expression.

"Okay, Liam. If you're sure. Also, who's the little girl Zayn posted about on Twitter?" He asks. I turn and glare at Zayn, who must have heard Simon because he looks terrified.

"It's a long story. I've got to go, doctors and stuff. Bye!" I say, quickly hanging up and turning to Zayn.

"What did you do?" I ask, trying to stay calm.

"Nothing?" He says, his words more of a question than a statement. I open Twitter on my phone, immediately finding Zayn's latest tweet.

At the hospital, @Real_Liam_Payne gave himself a concussion. On the bright side, he's taken a shine to the little girl in his room!

I turn back to Zayn, who smiles sheepishly. "I didn't think, okay!" He exclaims. I nod, smiling.

"It's okay." I rub the back of my neck. "I just don't know how we're going to explain all of this to Simon." Zayn nods, but he looks confused.

"What do you mean? Can't you just say she's some random girl?" I shake my head, signing as I speak.

"She's not some little girl, Zayn. She's my sister. And I'm going to adopt her."

All of my friends, Mandi, and Amy look at me in shock, and Louis sighs. "Management is going to have your head." He comments, shaking his head and looking at the door, which chooses that moment to open.

"Louis, are you psychic?" Harry asks jokingly, his face paling when he sees who's actually behind the door.

"Who is it?" I ask, unable to see from my position on Amy's bed. Harry takes a step back, and my eyes widen. Standing in front of me, and not looking particularly happy, is Simon Cowell.

~Amy's POV~

Liam does not look excited to see Simon Cowell in here. Frankly, I'm kinda shocked, and I'm pretty sure Mandi is, too. I mean, Simon mother-fluffing Cowell just walked into my hospital room! Well, I guess One Direction is already in here, and Liam's apparently my long-lost brother, but still. Wow, what a day I've been having.

So anyways, back to the real world, Simon- I'm just calling him that, his full name is too long to think this often- comes and stands in front of Liam, pretty much staring into his soul. I don't know what exactly he says, but it's most likely yelling, because Liam grabs his head in obvious pain. Harry says something to Simon while Niall pats Liam's shoulder awkwardly. Niam! Just kidding, I don't ship them. I'd say Mandi does, but she ships everything when it comes to these boys. If all of the One Direction ships were put into one, she'd be the captain. 'Sorry, Amy. I'll sign the conversation to you.' Liam signs, focusing on Simon again. 'Simon's just apologizing to me for yelling. I've got a bit of a concussion, so loud noises are not fun.' He signs, grimacing. Simon looks at Liam's hands, then asks him another question. 'He wants to know who you and Mandi are.' He signs. I smile, and Liam frowns.

Just wait, Liam. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Sure enough, Mandi fills Simon in with basically both of our life stories. That's what she does anytime someone asks her about us. We've gotten more than a few pity looks in the time I've known her, especially me. And... here's another one. Simon looks at me sympathetically, then turns back to Liam and says something that makes him smile. 'He says I can adopt you! We just have to talk to management.' Liam signs excitedly. I nod, grinning. I'm gonna get adopted! By my famous singer brother!

Hold on, need to pinch myself. Good, I'm awake. Liam, Simon, and the other guys look at me in confusion, and I laugh. 'Did you just pinch yourself?' Liam asks, smiling. I nod, laughing more.

'I needed to make sure that I wasn't dreaming.' I sign back, making him smile. Simon says something, and his eyes widen. He repeats the same word over and over again, and considering Mandi's reaction it was probably some sort of minor curse word. I look at Liam, and he shoots me a forces smile.

'We're supposed to have an interview tonight, but I'm currently stuck in the hospital with a bad concussion and I can't go.' He explains.

'Join the club. Not the interview part, just the concussion.' I sign, smiling sympathetically. Oh, big words here. Simon starts talking, or yelling, I guess, because Liam winces, covering his ears. I look at Mandi, and she shrugs, focusing on Niall, her all-time favorite. Well, don't I feel included.