La Llorona

Have any of you ever watched BlackBoxTV on Youtube? If you have then most of you know about their Urban Legends video they made a few months back. I would highly recommend you watch them, I nearly pissed my self. 

Well, this is more of a Hispanic legend than an American one and I'm surprised I haven't heard of it since I'm a quarter Guatemalan, but I'm guessing this originated in Mexico, where all good, Hispanic legends do. 

Well the story of Llorona goes like this Once there was a widow who wished to marry a rich nobleman. However, the nobleman did not want to raise another man's children and he dismissed her. The widow was determined to have the nobleman for her own, so the widow drowned her children to be free of them. When she told the nobleman what she had done, he was horrified and would have nothing more to do with her. As she left him, the widow was overcome by the terrible crime she had committed and went to the river, looking for her children. But they were gone. She drowned herself and her spirit was condemned to wander the waterways, weeping and searching for her children until the end of time.  

The second version is the one almost like BlackBoxTV's and what I had found in most searches.  a widow was so depressed after the loss of her husband that she couldn't take care of her kids. So she threw them in a sack and into the water,drowning them. After a while of being alone with her grief She became so regretful that she wandered the rivers looking for them, but they were not to be found. So she jumped into the river and drowned. Now her soul wanders the water calling "Mis ninos" or my kids over and over for eternity. 

Now whether which version is true or not I don't know and I never will. But enough of this it's time to shine.... 

LA LLORONA 

Karen was the mother of her two baby boys, twins. They were setting up for Halloween and the two boys were dressed up as little pumpkins. "I know it's so cliched to dress a baby up as a pumpkin" Karen said to her husband, Greg. "But I thought who cares?" 

He laughed and kissed her on the cheek. "Of course, they look cute." They ran around, making sure the food and drinks were laid out. Karen fixed the giant spider under the front door. They had invited cousins, nieces, nephews, work colleagues, and they're friends also. 

It was like an adult dress up party. Karen was a fairy and Greg, being the Star Wars nerd that he was, decided to be Obi-Wan Kenobi. Around 8 0'clock that evening, everyone had started to arrive. They were wearing costumes that ranged from wizards to strippers. 

Karen wasn't too pleased with the idea of dressing up as a sexy witch stripper with her two babies there, but brushed it off. She wanted to have a good night. It was Halloween! Her favorite holiday in the world. 

The party was in full swing by 9. Halloween music bounced fromm the giant speakers in the living room. Karen had broke away from her discussion with Britney, her co-worker to put her two babies to bed. 

She picked them up and walked up the stairs. After kissing their foreheads and tucking them in, she left to join the party once again. The doorbell rang and her husband opened the door to let them in. 

Karen had no time to see who it was, she was having fun, dancing with her sister, Loretta. She knew everyone their and had a conversation all of them. There was a lady sitting on a stool in the corner of the kitchen, all alone. 

Karen kept eyeing her throughout the whole party. She was wearing a white veil over her mouth and a see through cloth over her eyes. The lady got up and slowly walked into the living room. Karen noticed she had a giant tattoo of a cross on her back. 

Karen turned her attention to Catherine, her cousin who was chatting away about a concert that she was planning on going to. She was too busy to notice the lady walking up the stairs and entering the boys' room. 

Her eyes lit up as she took in the boys' faces and stroked their sleeping foreheads. She cradled them in her arms, walking to the bathtub. She set the plug in the tub and watched as the water slowly filled up. 

She kissed the two boys' heads and set them in the water. They kicked around and she turned the water off. Backing out, she turned off the light and left through the back door in the kitchen. Never to be seen again. 

Karen had two milk bottles in her hand, carrying them up to the kids' room. She gasped in horror as she noticed their bed was empty. She looked around frantically the whole top floor. She passed by the bathroom and heard a dripping noise. 

She turned towards the door and dropped the milk bottles. Karen stepped forward and flicked the light on. The bathroom tub was not fully turned off. She walked towards it, going to turn it off but she stopped. 

She saw her two baby boys, just born a month ago at the bottom of the tub, dead. She cried out in agony, her sobs not heard over the pounding music below. She cradled the babies against her chest and prayed that they would come back. 

But it was too late. 

She peered out the window, the sun slowly rising and saw the figure of the lady earlier, staring ahead at the river and weeping. "La Llorona" she whispered in grief. 

"La Llorona."