Carmen Winstead

Have you guys gotten the dreaded chain mails? E-mails, text messages, even notes? I get chain mail all the time, mostly stupid ones about sisters and send this if you love God and if you don't you love Satan. Okay guys just 'cause I don't send the damn message doesn't mean I'm all up the Devil's ass. 

Anyway, one of the chain mails I got was very interesting and super scary. It was about a girl named Carmen Winstead. Here is a small story for the ones who don't know who she is, but most of you probably do: 

Carmen (Jessica) and the rest of her class were on a fire drill, and 5 girls trying to embarrass Carmen pushed her down a sewer. When she didn't come up they called the police and said she fell. The police believed them.  They say that Carmen’s ghost is still on the rampage, hunting down anyone who doesn’t believe her story. According to the legend, Carmen will get you.

Of course I sent the message because I am so gullible and shit that I would believe almost anything. So now that you are familiar with her let's have a go at... 

CARMEN WINSTEAD 

Faith and her cousin, Alicia were over at Alicia's house for a family gathering. It seemed as if they never got together. Their family was always too dramatic and each get together would end up in smashed glass and overturned tables. 

Of course before one of the Holman's' 'Legendary Fights' started, the two girls and Alicia's little brother, Josh raced up to Alicia's room and shut the door. "I hate when they fight it's like World War 3" Faith muttered. 

"I know what you mean. Can't they just get along?" Alicia replied, exasperated. Josh chuckled. "Listen, we all know they will never get along. Mom likes drama and frankly, so does Aunt Tammie." Everyone sighed in agreement. 

Alicia hopped up and grabbed her phone. "So have you guys heard about that Carmen Winstead chain mail?" She asked. The two cousins shook their heads. "Nah I don't keep up with that crap. Every time I see a forward on my cell I instantly delete it" Josh said with a grimace. 

"I would be careful" Faith smirked. "I wouldn't always delete a chain mail, something bad could happen." Alicia scoffed. "You honestly believe this crap?" Faith nodded and took Alicia's phone. "Who is this Carmen Winstead?" 

"Well" Alicia said, snatching her phone out of Faith's hands and looking through her messages. "It's about this chick that these girls pushed down a sewer and died. If you don't send it, Carmen wil come for you through the sewage system and rip your face off." 

Josh giggled like a girl. "Wow so manly" Faith said. He flipped her the bird and said. "So she will come for you while you're taking a dump? You guys better take care of your butts."  Alicia snickered along with him. 

Faith just sighed. "I would forward that message if I were you Lee, you could get your face torn off." Alicia opened up the message and deleted it. "Nah, I just deleted it. That stuff is just made up by some nerdy teenager that has no life." 

Faith rolled her eyes. "Well, you better watch out."  glass smashed from the family room downstairs and someone screamed. "YOU BETTER WATCH THAT FUCKING MOUTH OF YOUR'S!" Someone then replied in a hushing tone, making the other go ballistic and send a trail of curses of their tongue. 

"That's our cue" Josh sighed as the three padded down the stairs. Faith's mother grabbed Faith's arm and spat. "Let's go, we don't need to stay with these idiots any longer." She was then dragged into the car. "Why do we keep going over there if you guys keep fighting every time?" Faith asked. 

Her mother sighed, "I don't know sweetie." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, Alicia went to take a shower while her parents had left to go to the bar, one of their nightly rituals. Alicia didn't want to face the fact that they were alcoholics. She stepped inside the shower and turned the water on. 

She couldn't help feeling as if she were being watched. There was a knocking on the door. "Go away Josh!" She yelled angrily. Alicia grabbed the shampoo bottle and muttered, "Pervert." She rubbed her hair and heard a strange noise on the other side of the shower. 

"I said go away!" Alicia yelled out. She rinsed her hair and wrapped a towel around her body before stepping out, there was no one there. She put a towel over her hair and dumped her clothes in the hamper near the door. 

"Alicia" a voice whispered. "Why don't you believe in me?" She stopped in her tracks and slowly turned around. But not before she let out an ear piercing scream. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Faith's mother had received a phone call. Alicia was found by her brother Josh in the bathroom, her face torn off and fingernails bitten down to the nub. Faith cried and cuddled up in her bed. 

"I told her to be careful"