11. Heavy Conversation, Followed By A Kick In The Shin

So I was attacked by the Plot Bunnies again. I was just planning on writing a bit so that I could keep up to date with the whole story, instead of forgetting what's going in it because of other things going on I need to sort out (Univeristy stuff, as well as work stuff), but again, the chapter ended up writing itself. I love it when it does that!

This chapter really is just one fat long conversation, so it might not be as long or as descriptive as others, but I'm bringing in the 'Band Guys' a lot more, and I also felt it was needed. The opinions shared in this chapter will be explained in later ones, so don't judge too much and keep reading.

Also, as a little treat, the next chapter, considering where this one gets left off, I am planning as writing as an all Alec and Nina chapter!!!! So, keep waiting until I post that one. I can promise it will be as funny as the others. (I Love Alec!)

Vote, comment, etc And fans, please do vote. The more votes and comments, the more motivated I feel to write more.

_______________________________________________________________

"Well," I said, playing for time. Everyone was still looking at me whilst they were eating their food, looking forward to what I had to say. But the face that held the most interest, was Alec's. It also looked like it was having a hard time keeping a straight face. "I think that it's not really a bad thing."

"In what way?" Poppy asked, clearly wanting me to expand on my answer.

"If the young people want to get married," I almost found myself choking on the word, and had practically turned in my seat so that I could see everyone's faces except for Alec's, "if they think it through and know the consequences and are okay with it, then it's their choice."

"Hmm, makes sense, I suppose," nodded Talcott.

"So," said the deep voice I didn't want to hear, "what about those who don't think it through?"

"What about them?" Again, I found myself playing for time.

"Do you think it's wrong?"

Ever since Alec had asked my opinion in the first place, I had refused to meet his mocking gaze, knowing he was only asking my opinion so that he could make me feel uneasy and nervous. He was almost sadistic in that sense. But now, I suddenly found myself gazing into his pale green eyes, which no longer held the amusement that was there before. They now held interest and something else I couldn't quite make out.

"I wouldn't exactly call it right," I said slowly, responding to his question.

"How so?" Trang asked from where she was sat next to Poppy on the floor. I turned away from Alec's gaze, realising that this was in fact a group discussion, of sorts.

"It's just a lot of people these days seem to think that marriage is just a piece of paper. Especially young people. So, by thinking that marriage isn't that much of a life-style change, they just go into it without thinking things through. Which is probably why divorce rates are so high."

Everyone chuckled at this last bit.

"So you don't think marriage is just a piece of paper?" Talcott questioned, whilst he was quickly jotting down some notes in a notebook.

"No, I don't," I said quietly. I could feel Alec's eyes boring into the side of my face, but I refused to turn towards him. I did believe that marriage wasn't just a piece of paper and I didn't want him to think I said those things for his benefit.

"You don't think that's a little old fashioned?" Asked Poppy, also furiously scribbling notes.

"No," I replied immediately. "I know that times have changed and there are get out clauses like divorce and annulments, but that doesn't make marriage any less of an important step. It's meant to be a major junction in people's lives and shouldn't be taken for granted."