10. Band Practice With A Side Of Hopes & Dreams

Okay, so it's been a while, but due to popular demand, I have finally uploaded. Now this chapter I was having trouble with and when I finally started it, I had an idea of where I wanted it to go, but then it ended up writing itself, with a completely different direction, which I am very pleased with. I think the ending will make you laugh. It surprised even me.

The next chapter will continue on where this one gets left off and will basically be loosely based on a conversation that I had with my friend yesterday when we were walking home after watching Eclipse at the cinema. (Anyone's thoughts on the movie? I liked it a lot actually. Loads of action and detail.)

But anyway, vote, comment, etc.

P.S The next upload will be a while because I am starting University in September, and I have a feeling tha's going to be hectic. But I will try and post more and keep on top of things. But I make no promises. The lazy genes have a habit of taking over ;D

_______________________________________________________________

"Hey Nina," said a voice from behind me.

I was waiting for Trang outside as school was over five minutes ago, and I intended to keep the promise of seeing Zach and the guys practice. I was waiting for her at the bottom of the stone steps that lead into the school's main building.

"Hi Justin," I replied, albeit slightly unenthusiastically. I never really knew Justin as a friend. More like an acquaintance, who you just say 'hello' to in passing.

"You waiting for someone?" He asked as he came to stand next to me, as people were walking down the steps, trying to get out of school as fast as they could.

"Um, yeah. I'm going to hang out with some friends."

"Well, Melissa's just by her locker. I saw her on my way out. She should be here in a minute or two," he told me, using his thumb to indicate the doors that were opened so that I had a clear view of the hallway.

"I meant other friends," I responded a little hesitantly, as I pushed my side fringe behind my ear. It seemed lately that people were oddly interested in knowing about my life in general.

"Oh."

There was an awkward pause in the not-so-riveting conversation, which was filled by the appearance of Melissa, who looked in danger of falling over and breaking her neck whilst walking in those death traps she called shoes.

"Well, long time no see, Nina," said Melissa with a smile on her face. She stood close next to Justin and linked her arm with his. "Been making friends with the 'band guys'." It was a statement, not a question.

I had to fight the urge to stop myself from laughing when she said this. Not only was it amusing how she called them that, but I had on occasion witnessed her and some other girls she hung out with trying to get close to both Alec and Zach. It wouldn't be long until she moved onto Will and Talcott. 'Poor boys.' I thought with added humour, thinking of their reaction to this.

"They're nice," I shrugged, not really wanting to go into this, least of all with present company.

"I take it you're hanging out with them?" She didn't wait for me to answer. "I'm going to the Mall with the girls. There's going to be this really cool party on Friday and I want a new dress. Maybe some new shoes as well. Anyway, the party will be awesome and I heard there was even going to be some college guys there. How cool is that?...."

She carried on with her little 'awesome party' rant which I tuned out the moment it started. Melissa did have a tendency to bring conversations back to herself.