twenty-three; multi

Nine months later!

❝SHE'S THE PRETTIEST GIRL I've ever seen," Sebastian murmured as Caterina settled onto the couch in their living room, a small smile on her lips as she looked down at the baby in her arms.

"You've said that every day in the past three months," she replied, shaking her head fondly when she glanced back up at him.

"That's because it's true. Can you blame me?" He raised an eyebrow, sitting down next to her to examine the small child that stared back at them with wonder.

"I really can't. She's beautiful. Think she's ready to meet everyone?" Caterina asked, looking over at him. Sebastian shrugged, cooing at the little girl before taking her from his wife's arms.

"I think it's about time. I'm surprised we've been able to keep them away from her for so long," he admitted, earning a nod from her.

"It hasn't been easy. Elizabeth texts me about it every day. I mean literally every day." She pulled out her phone, showing him the countless texts from her best friend she received daily.

"Yeah, Mackie is the same. I think we should arrange like, a party or something. But in the middle of the day, because she's little."

"I agree. Here, I'll text the group chat with details and see how many of them are in."

"All of them, probably. Here, let's put her to sleep, and then we'll figure it out." He smiled, watching Caterina grin at their daughter.

"Looks like you already did the job," she remarked, showing him how she had already fallen fast asleep.

"I'm glad. I'll go put her in her crib."

"You're the best, Sebby," she called as he walked up the stairs, softly singing a Romanian lullaby his mom had taught him. Caterina grinned at the sound, finding comfort in knowing her best friend was so capable of handling a child. If someone had told her two years ago that she would be married to Sebastian and have a child, she would have told them they were doing some wack drugs. But their three month old daughter confirmed that they were together, and even better, in love. And that thought gave her another one, one that made her dial Elizabeth's number.

"Hey, Lizzie, sorry it's late, but I have an idea, and I need your help."

"Of course, what's up?" The woman replied, and Caterina turned to glance upstairs, relieved to see Sebastian hadn't come back down yet.

"Meet me at our usual spot in twenty?"

"Of course."

Caterina hung up quickly, grabbing her keys from the counter. It was only eight, so they could afford to meet out and not be bombarded by drunken adults. She ran upstairs to check in on Sebastian, her heart swelling when she saw him asleep in their daughter's room. She left a note on the table next to him, making her way out of the comfortable home and into the crisp February air.

--

caterinastan: late night coffee date 💖

[tagged: elizabetholsen]

prattprattpratt, chrisevans, paulrudd, and 456,353 others liked this post.

view all 23,565 comments

usera: she is BEAUTIFUL

caterinastan liked usera's comment!

userb: coffee at nine pm??? suspicious

userc: I love one (1) duo

paulrudd: i'll just add this to the list of hangouts I wasn't invited to

userd: aw paul :(

caterinastan: paulrudd be in new york more often you rat

caterinastan: userd he's kidding!! he just lives very far away from me :((

rdj: it's time for bed, ladies

tomholland2013: mom text me I'm gonna be in ny soon!!!!

usere: Elizabeth is beautiful I miss her

imsebastianstan: plz come home I miss you

userf: I stan the Stan family wow!!!

--

[27.03.18]

it just hit me that there's only seven chapters and an epilogue left of this book and I am so sad I'm so attached to this couple