250

(Warning! This story contains domestic violence and harsh sayings. Read can only on its own responsibility! Bullying isn't normal!)

,, Thomas I'm so sorry!" Teresa said and pulled Thomas back. ,, I wanted to ask you to come to formal with me but now I ruined everything! I'm sorry!"

,, You want to go to the formal with me?" Thomas asked. He really wanted to follow Newt but something held him back. He couldn't believe what the girl wanted to ask from him.

Teresa nodded. ,, Yes but-"

,, No buts. I'll come." Thomas had to go.

,, Yes?" Teresa asked suprisely. ,, Tom, that's so-"

,, Yeah, no problem. I gotta go." He ran to the direction he saw Newt running.

,, See you there!" Teresa yelled, but Thomas didn't answer.

He ran out of school and saw Newt running away. He immediately followed him.

* * *

Newt's house was old and a little ramshackle. The boy ran inside and shut the door in front of Thomas' nose.

,, Newt!" Thomas knocked on the door.
,, Newt, please let me in!"

Nothing.

,, Newt, please! Look, I'm so sorry. It isn't that what you think it is. Please, let me in and I'll explain...do you hear me?"

Again, nothing.

,, Please." Thomas said quietly. ,, I didn't mean to hurt you."

Then, he heard voices. There was three of them. One was Newt's and the other two were someone else's.

,, You stupid boy, where were you, huh?"

Thomas ran to the window and peeked in. He saw Newt, one elder man, his dad, and one woman, Newt's mom.

,, I'm sorry dad." Newt wanted to go upstairs but his dad pulled him back.

,, And where do you think you're going?" He pushed the boy into the kitchen.
,, Make us some food! What are you standing there? Move!"

Newt quickly took the pot and filled it with water. Then, he started cutting the potatoes. His hands shook and he accidentally cut his finger.

,, Ow!"

,, What are you yelling there?" Newt's dad came to the kitchen and went red from the face. ,, You...!" He didn't finish his sentence. Newt quickly took the pot with boiling water but dropped it. Hot water flew everywhere.

,, You useless piece of garbage!" Dad hit Newt and the boy fell on the floor.

Now Thomas knew why Newt's eye was blue. His dad probably hit him.

Father yelled:
,, Get yourself up and bring me my newspaper! Move or I'll punch you!"

Newt winced but stood up. He ran quickly to the door and opened it. He winced again when he saw Thomas.

,, Newt, please-"

,, Don't." Newt took the newspaper and wanted to shut the door but Thomas grabbed his hand.

,, Please. I beg you."

Newt looked into his eyes and Thomas saw that the boy was really thinking about letting him in.

,, Newt what are you doing there? Is someone on the door? Send him away and bring me my newspaper!" Thomas heard sounds and saw Newt's terrified eyes.

,, Bring me something to drink and fast!" That was Newt's mom. The boy reacted quickly. He dropped the newspaper, ran to the kitchen, took one glass and filled it with water. He gave this to his mother.

,, You idiot! Do you think I'm gonna drink this? Bring me something to drink! Something normal!"

Newt threw the water away.

,, Where's my newspaper? You son of a bitch! Bring it here!"

Thomas heard footsteps. Newt's dad was coming. ,, Send him away!"

Newt came to the door.

,, You have to leave, now." He whispered to Thomas. ,, Go."

,, But Newt-"

,, You have-"

,, Please-"

,, GO!" Newt took Thomas' hand. Tears fell down on his face.

,, Please, Tommy. Please."