Wedding Business

Chapter Five | Wedding Business

The whole of England was thrown into a royal wedding frenzy.

Newspaper headlines screamed "Royal Wedding Coming Soon!"

People in the streets of London were all wearing t-shirts with Rihanna and Harry pictures on them.

Queen Elizabeth was true to her word about starting immediately and the royal wedding arrangements started with a vengeance.

Rihanna spent mornings with her British tutor, Meredith and afternoons meeting with dress designers, having shoe fittings, deciding on colors for the wedding and fonts for the wedding invitations. She was constantly besieged with calls from her mother too, excited her daughter is getting married.

There was also royal etiquette lessons from the queen herself with Kate and long discussions into the night with Harry about the guest list. Since Rihanna knew none of the royal family, except the immediate family members and the queen, Harry had to help her learn with the aid of photographs of each royal, to avoid Rihanna being ignorant at their wedding.

Everything was such a whirlwind of arrangements, that when Rihanna awoke one morning, she realized that she'd be a bride, a princess and a wife in less than three weeks! This made her sit up shocked in bed, her dark hair a wild halo around her head, when Harry walked in carrying two huge cups of coffee.

"Oh, wow! Rihanna, what a beautiful bed head you have!" he jokingly teased her, handing her a cup. Embarrassed, Rihanna tried to pat down her hair, but Harry took the cup from her hands, put it on the nightstand and bundled Rihanna into his arms and whispered into her neck.

"You are the most desirable girl in the world and I can't wait to be your husband." Harry said.

Rihanna smiled lightly and undid the belt of his robe and slid her hands underneath his nightshirt, gripping him close to her.

"I love you too." Harry smiled ecstatically.

"Rihanna, I'm so proud of you. One of these days, we'll be married and you'll be running around like a royal." Harry said.

Rihanna was so glad to see Harry this happy. " I have another surprise for you, but you will have to get a robe on before I can show you." Harry said.

Rihanna looked at him enquiringly and with a smile jumped out of bed and grabbed her robe that was draped over a chair. Hastily putting it on, hands on the hips, Rihanna declared, "I'm ready for my surprise!"

Harry started laughing and at that moment her mother and father walked in the door! "Mom, Dad!" She ran to them and hugged both fiercely. Her father seemed a little flustered with the location, but he hugged her warmly, kissing her on the cheek. Glancing around to Harry, Rihanna smiled.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Her mom smiled secretively. "We wanted to surprise you sweetheart and Harry was kind enough to help organize our early flights. We just couldn't' wait to be here." Her mother sat with her on the bed, admiring the beautiful room. Her dad still looked totally out of place in the opulent setting.

"I can't believe my baby is getting married." Her dad said.

"I know right." Rihanna said.

"I never thought it would happen." Her mother said.

"Ma, really." Rihanna said.

"You were a weird child growing up." Her mother said. Harry laughed and Rihanna smiled.

"Rih, who's your maid of honor?" Her dad asked.

"Melissa, of course." Rihanna answered.

"Where is Melissa then, if she's your maid of honor shouldn't she be helping you?" Her father asked.

"She's busy." Rihanna said.

"Busy, what? Spending your money." Her father said.

"Ronald, I know you don't like Melissa but we can't stress our daughter so leave it alone." Her mother said.

"Fine." Her father.

"Rih, he isn't lying. Pippa almost lived in the palace when she was Kate's maid of honor. I think you should rethink it plus she hasn't even been cleared by the queen." Harry said.

"Okay, fine but she's still invited to the wedding." I said.

"Of course." Harry said.

"I love my son in law." Her father said giving Harry a hug. Rihanna rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Thanks for having my back, Harry." I said.

"You're welcome." He said.