Daily mail Article

Robyn's PREGNANT! Palace confirms news as morning sickness forces Duchess to cancel duties

THE DUKE and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed Robyn is pregnant with their fourth child.

The news was revealed in a statement from Kensington Palace which read: "Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Sussex is expecting their fourth child.

The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news."

The new baby will be eighth in line to the throne, after grandfather Prince Charles, uncle Prince William, and elder cousins Prince George and Princess Charlotte and Prince Albert, and father Prince Harry, and older siblings Princess Monica, Prince Andre and Allan.

Prince Andre and Allan and Princess Monica can expect a new baby brother or sister early next year.

The Duchess is suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum, or morning sickness, and will not carry out her royal duties today while she is cared for at Kensington Palace.

Britain's Royal Family has seen their popularity soar in recent years as Princes William and Harry and the Duchess of Cambridge and Sussex have moved further into the spotlight.

Billions watched as Prince Harry wed Robyn at a lavish ceremony in 2018 before the Royal couple returned to the world's attention when the Duchess gave birth to Monica in 2019, and Andre and Allan two years later.

Prince William has already spoken of his happiness for his brother and sister-in-law.

Asked about the news as he arrived for a visit in Manchester, William said: "Fantastic. Great. Very, very happy."

And asked how Robyn was, he said: "I haven't seen her for a while but I think she's OK."

The news of the pregnancy emerged as it was revealed that the Duchess is once again suffering from extreme morning sickness.

She suffered during both of her previous pregnancies and was even admitted to hospital in December 2021 while she was pregnant with twins Andre and Allan.

Doctify gynaecologist & obstetrician Mr Mahantesh Karoshi has explained that women who suffer from the condition during their first pregnancy are likely to experience it in subsequent ones.

"In women who have suffered recurrent bouts of severe morning sickness, studies suggest a markedly higher recurrence risk (80 per cent) of severe nausea and vomiting in subsequent pregnancies," he said.

"Although the risk for hospitalisation in subsequent pregnancies is likely to be lower, morning sickness can get progressively worse."

Mr Karoshi added that because Robyn is now older, than she was during her first two pregnancies, she might notice a few differences during her third pregnancy.

"Her belly might look much farther along than she appeared in her previous pregnancies at the same gestational periods because of repeated stretching of abdominal muscles," he explained.

The announcement comes just days before four-year-old twin Princess Monica is set to start school, with the young Royal due to enroll at Thomas's in Battersea on Thursday.

Betting on a fourth child for Harry and Robyn began to take off in the run-up to Andre and Allan's christening when the princes were only nine weeks old.

On a royal tour of Poland in July 2022, Robyn joked about having a fourth - after being given a present designed for newborns.

She speculated about the prospect of another child when she was offered a cuddly toy designed to soothe tiny babies during an event in Warsaw, Poland.

Saying thank you for the present, she turned to the Duke, laughing, and said: "We will just have to have more babies."

News of the pregnancy has prompted a flurry of rumours and speculation about the new baby, with Royal fans across the world describing their excitement at the announcement.

Asked about the Prime Minister's reaction to the news, a spokesperson for Theresa May said: "It is fantastic news and she passes on her congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex."

With Harry and Robyn choosing untraditional regal names for their first three children, it would not be a huge shock if the royal couple suddenly opted for a more unusual name for their fourth born.

Alice and Alexandra were among the favourites with the bookies for a girl when Robyn was pregnant with Monica, while Arthur, James or Philip are considered likely options for a boy.

Questions are also being raised about whether the couple will stop at four children, given that large Royal broods have been common in recent history.

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh had four children, with Her Majesty giving birth to Prince Edwards when she was 37-years-old. Meanwhile, Harry's great-great-great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria had nine children.

After three successful and straightforward deliveries at home, Robyn is expected to give birth at home in the exclusive private delivery suite for the arrival of her fourth child.