Chapter Three

Ian was trying to close a new international merger with Japan's leading grain company. That is, he was trying to- until his world screeched to a halt by the sight of Porsche Manzanetti. At 17, she dwarfed almost every other woman in the office. But Ian was captivated not by her height, but by her grace. In 7 inch heels, any other woman on earth would have clomped around like an animal.

But this....this girl had mastered the art. Ian's heart swelled as this swan turned towards him.

With long black hair and sparkling green eyes, Ian could not take his own off of her. She seemed a walking contradiction: She was tall, but graceful; she was pretty, yet humble; and, although young, she carried herself in a mature manner.

Ian had to meet her.

Ian's eyes then caught a glimpse of a red mess of curls: Joana. And if Ian knew Joana the way that he thought he did, right about now that gorgeous flower would be hearing her own fair share of gossip. Gossip that included himself.

Without so much as a backwards glance, Ian stood up and walked out of the conference room. He would hear it later, but he could take the heat. He did own the company, after all.

But what he couldn't take was the premature and quite possibly heavily biased judgement of the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.