Chapter 5

Dedicated to MrsBriSalvatore b/c she's awesome for voting

Porsche sat at her desk. Was this really happening?

It was her first day of work, and already she was lost. How was she to work here if she had no idea what she was doing?

Ian had told her to fax some document or other. The only problem was, she had never faxed anything in her life.

To add to it, once Joana had taught her how to fax, she'd lost the document. Now she was looking for it at her desk even though the only things on her desktop was her name tag (which Ian had got for her) and her company computer. Porsche laid her head on the cool glass top, ready to give up on today and this job and life when her day got even worse.

"Sleeping on the job already, Ms. Manzanetti? Is my company really that boring?"

Oh God.

"N-no, sir," Porsche mumbled, trying to raise her head and seem studious...even though the truth of the matter was they both knew she wasn't.

How could she have, with a siren like Ian as her boss?

Ian grabbed the paperwork off of the copy machine where Porsche had tried to fax it at first.

After having pressed a few buttons, the fax machine let out a confirmation beep.

God, it was that easy?

Porsche felt stupid as Ian handed her back the papers. Raising her eyes fractionally, Porsche saw Ian looking down on her with an amused grin, not at all the disapproving grimace she had expected. It was like she was the only other person in the entire building and he was there to appreciate the beautiful- if a bit simple- piece of art that was she.

And although it pleased her tremendously, it also confused her.

After a while,  Ian felt Porsche's discomfort. Clearing his throat, he sighed and frowned at her.

"Well, anyway. Just.....stay awake, Porsche. I have some very important business to attend to...very important."

Ian rushed to his office, nearly slamming the heavy oaken door behind him.

Porsche turned around and was meet with the sight of Joana, the expression on her face as confused as her hair.

What was that about?, she mouthed.

Porsche shrugged.

If only she knew.