Chapter Seven

"Shut up" I said while laughing. Taking a handful of chocolate m&m's, I threw one at Blake and shoved the rest in my mouth.

As Blake was laughing he never noticed the piece of colourful chocolate fly through the air towards him and hit him right on the nose causing me to laugh harder.

He stopped laughing and crossed his eyes looking at his nose then towards me. He tried to keep a straight face but after a second the side of his lip twitched upwards and he let out a loud laugh before he burst out laughing.

"Hoi, chuckles" Luke called entering my room. He walked over to me grabbing the pack of m&m's and poured practically half the packet into his mouth and I'm not even exaggerating.

I would have tackled him for stealing half of my valuable and delicious m&m's but my sides were sore from laughing and I couldn't breathe.

"Why aren't you ready yet?" Nicole asked when she walked into my room to see me and Blake laughing and Luke with a mouthful of m&m's.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down so that I could answer her.

"Because he's not picking me up until eight and its-" I glanced to my phone then back towards her "-five to four"

"Exactly. We only have four hours to get you ready" she folded her arms and looked at me.

"Only have four hours? I can easily get ready in under an hour" I frowned. Why do we need four hours? All I need to do is put some clothes on; do my hair and makeup and leave. It's that simple.

"No you can't. If you only spend an hour then you won't look your best. Now four hours gives us plenty of time to make you perfect" she explained.

"Us?" I questioned.

"Yes, us. Me and Macy" Nicole said slowly like I was stupid.

"Okay, one more question" I held my index finger out.

She sighed with annoyance. "One more" she said sternly.

"Where's Macy?" I smiled.

She turned around. "She was behind me" she said quietly, more to herself than me. "Macy!" Nicole yelled sticking her head out my bedroom.

"What?" Macy yelled from downstairs.

"Get your ass up here. We have a masterpiece to make in less than four hours" Nicole yelled back. Nicole turned and faced me putting on a smile and placing her hands on her hips. A few seconds later there was quiet footsteps trailing up the stairs, and then down the hall getting louder the closer she came to my room.

"The guys want to know where your bottle opener is." Macy said as she walked into my room and pointed over her shoulder. Is my house some sort of new gathering spot I was unaware of?

"In the top drawer under the hob" I turned to her.

She nodded once and poked her head out my room. "Top drawer under the hob" she yelled.

A loud bang and clattering of cutlery was heard from downstairs followed by a loud whoop from two people. At least Gary and Jake get to relax.

"They have beer?" Luke's head whipped towards us, his eyes wide.

"Yeah, something like a dozen or two" Macy smiled at him.

Luke shot up off the bed and ran out the room but halted in the hall, spun around and gave me a mischievous smile. "Have fun, Evie" he chuckled and ran away before I could answer back. He knows fine well that I hate this sort of thing and it's basically torture having Nicole scrutinize your outfit, your makeup and your hair for four hours. I'd rather meet the devil than be here right now. Actually, that's offensive to the devil; he could probably make me laugh. He seems like a guy with a good sense of humour.