Chapter Ten

I peered into the mirror to see Macy cuddled into Gary's side laughing away at something he had said. Looking at Gary's face you could see the love and adoration for Macy written as clear as day for the world to see. Every time they were in each other's presence they always seemed happier, more alive, relaxed and carefree. It was like they were made for each other. He always brought out the most in Macy and made her more confidant. I don't think I've ever seen anyone more in love in the year they've been together.

I smiled happily to myself and continued to focus on the route that I knew like the back of my hand.

Today's ride to Uni was different, no Macy talking about Gary or pestering me about my imaginary relationship with Blake. Instead, I was sitting in the front of my car myself, alone with my thoughts.

If I really wanted to talk to them I would but I'm not bothered. I don't want to disturb the happy couple who are lost in each other's eyes and moments away from making out in the backseat. I like seeing Macy happy, she deserves it. He'd never hurt her which takes a load off of me having to prepare to beat the shit out of him if he did. He's the first guy to date Macy and Nicole that I actually trust with my friend. A few people Nicole's went out with in the past I've felt weird around and always felt the need to keep an eye on them, most of the time I was correct and had to give them a black eye and broken nose.

The first time Blake introduced me to Gary I wasn't worried, at that time Macy had told me she liked a guy in her law course and when I went to introduce the two I could tell by Macy's pink cheeks and the fact she was hiding behind her hair that Gary was the guy she liked. It was cute to see her act like that around him. She constantly stuttered over her words, hide behind her hair, blushed and had a smile on her face all through their conversations. And by the way Gary was acting around her I knew for a fact he felt the same way.

It didn't take him long to pluck up the courage and ask her out. He liked her it was obvious and anyone with eyes could tell Macy liked him. You had to imagine how much I had to restrain Nicole from saying something or doing something to them. She was so tempted for weeks to get them together that she was actually planning ways to do it.

I leaned my arm against the window and slipped on my sunglasses. Being the middle of July the sun was out and it has been really warm today. The breeze from the open window blew against my warm skin cooling me down and making my blonde hair fly about.

Humming lowly under muy breath and tapping away at the steering wheel in a rhythmic beat to the tune of the song playing quietly on the radio I whizzed along the road. Another few minutes and we'll be at Uni.

Glancing in the side mirrors of the car I noticed that Macy and Gary had stopped staring at each other in that I-love-you-so-much-that-I-want-to-kiss-you-to-death way and were actually have a proper conversation. Yes, they were still hanging off each other and touching each other intimately like the other person was going to vanish that very second. They still seem in their own wee bubble now, only Macy and Gary. It's cute that they still feel the need to be around each other every second of everyday. I really feel without a doubt they two will get married and be together forever. They are perfect together and in so much love it's almost like an overly mushy romantic novel were the author has put so much detail in it it appears to the reader as made up and over the top.

Truthfully, I've never felt that way towards anyone. I've went out with a few people in the past, mostly just fooling around in high school like the hormonal teenager I was, but nothing serious. The longest relationship I had then was five months at best. Even then I didn't really feel that pull, the tingles everyone describes or the constant thought of being around that person with them always occupying your thoughts and dreams.