Chapter 19

Matthew's POV

One minute Katherine and I are having an important conversation. Then, she standing up flirting with Abercrombie over here! She's MY girlfriend!! When I was about to stand up next to Katherine and meet this guy, Jenn runs through the door. Chipotle is just the place to be if you want to run into everybody.. Which I don't want to do!

"Hey!" I say to Jenn, "What are you doing here?"

"Hey, Matt and Katherine. I'm here to see Jace." She replies with a almost worried look in her eyes.

"I thought you were gonna hang with Taylor today." Katherine says casually.

After Katherine said that, Jenn's eyes flicked up to look at Jace. He looked at her and just smiled. She looked relieved to be honest. "We were but then Jace called me. He told me he was in town, and we thought we'd catch up." Jenn explained.

For at least ten more minutes, Jenn, Katherine, and Jace socialized while I just stood there finishing my burrito. Once I was done, I got up and paid for Katherine and my food. Then, I walked out the door. I can't believe that Katherine just ditched me.. But, whatever!

Katherine's POV

As I was talking to Jace and Jenn, I noticed Matt was gone. "Hey, guys! I'm gonna go. It was good to see you, Jace. See you at Elena's later, Jenn!" I said as I walked out the door. The first stop I made was at the park. I mean who wouldn't go to the park to cool down!? It's just so peaceful there! Luckily, I found Matt. "Hey! What are you doing here?" I asked gingerly.

"Well, I didn't enjoy watching you flirt with another guy, so here I am!" He said with attitude.

"Matt, I wasn't flirting with Jace. I haven't seen him in a while. When we were younger, Elena's parents shipped him off to boarding school, so I never saw him. A while back, he came back to Georgia for a visit. That's when Jace and Jenn started dating." I explained to Matt, "It's just been a while since I've seen him.. I didn't mean to 'ditch' you. I'm sorry, Matthew!"

"I hate it how I can't stay mad at you for long." Matt said with a small smile. I smiled right back at him; then, I ran up to him. I hugged Matt and quickly pecked him on the lips. It was nice just being in his arms, but then the moment was ruined with three words. "I love you..." Matt whispered in my ear.

Jenn's POV

"What do you want, Jace?" I asked confused, and angry. Jace was a total asshole to me when we dated. He was always 'checking out' other girls right in front of me.

"I just wanted to talk to you." He said with that arrogant smirk that every girl fell for including me. I'm still surprised Katherine had the strength to reject him time and time again.

"About what?" I asked vaguely.

"Us... I was a jerk.. I mean c'mon I was 15 years old. What do you expect? Now, I'm 16 almost 17, and I'm not the same person I used to be.. Trust me. Please." Jace pleaded with his puppy dog eyes. I instantly thought about Taylor.

"Maybe we shouldn't be talking about this standing in the middle of Chipotle. Let's go somewhere else." I said. Jace nodded and we headed to the coffee shop. The coffee shop was only a few stores away so it wasn't a terribly long walk. We walked in silence, but suprisingly, it wasn't awkward. Somehow, Taylor ended up back in my mind, but then, I saw Jace and I laughing while sitting on Elena's couch laughing at the pranks we always pulled on Elena and Katherine. I smiled a bit.

"What are you smiling about?" Jace asked me with a questionable look on his perfect face. Jace was 5'10" with golden locks and hazel eyes. He was beautiful in every girls eyes!

"I was just thinking about when we were younger. Remember all the pranks we pulled on Elena and Katherine?" I asked laughing. Jace chuckled and nodded his head. We smiled at each other as we stopped in front of the coffee shop. Suddenly, I heard laughing, and a bunch of guys talking. I ignored as I just stared into Jace's eyes.

"Jenn?" A voice called over the laughing and talking. I turned my head to see Carter just looking at me. He quickly looked at Jace. His face expression was unreadable. Oh shit! I thought.

Nash's POV

I kissed Elena... Oh shit! I can't believe I just did that. Elena pulled away quickly, and her eyes became huge! Then, I could see the guilt in them.. Uh-oh. Hayes can't find out or he'll hate me forever! Ugh. "I'm sorry! I just got caught up in the moment." I said trying to explain myself.

"It's alright. It's just that... I don't wanna get into anything, and I don't wanna hurt Hayes." She said.

"I know. I can't believe I just did that. Hayes can't find out."

"So we're just gonna lie to him?"

"No! What he doesn't know can't hurt him. I don't want my baby brother to hate me or even be mad at me."

"Okay.." Elena said unsure. I know she hates 'lying' to Hayes, but then, he'd hate me! I love my family too much! I can't afford Hayes hating me for kissing the girl he likes. I smiled at Elena, and she smiled back. We both stood up and walked our seperate ways. Me to Brent's house. And... Elena to her house.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while!!!! Forgive me! Well anyways.. I have a new book coming out. It's called It Hurt. Be sure to read it! Also, read my friends' book, He's My Sexy Possesive Alpha Her username is the_loved_1 Lastly, follow me on Instagram from updates, and special insights into my books.

My username is... ----> thewriter11_ <----