Chapter 8

Taylor's POV

Well, this is perfect! While I was up in my room, I thought how can this day get any worse? My question was answered when I saw Katherine kissing Matt... Yupp, this day could get worse! I ran into the kitchen to be alone for a minute, so I could cool down. "Hey, Taylor. Are you okay?" I quickly turned around to see Katherine.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" I knew that wasn't very convincing, but oh well..

"I know you're not. What's wrong?" Katherine asked unsure. She already knew what was wrong. Why was she asking me?

"You know... I'd rather not get rejected once again so..." I said bitterly. I knew I was being a jerk, but I was hurt. What else was I to do?

"Taylor... I don't even know what to say! I'm so confused right now; none of this makes sense!!" She said slightly raising her voice. I walked over to her, and we took a seat on the counter.

"Okay lets see... First off, I get turned out by the girl I love. Then, I see her kissing one of my best friends. It doesn't feel to good ya know?" I said quietly. I looked up at her, and she looked... Surprised? Confused? Amazed? "What?" I asked.

"You said the girl I LOVE..." She emphasized on the I love part. I smiled slightly, and she looked down. Uh oh.. Before I let her get another word out, I kissed her... I had no idea what I was doing until her lips were on mine. Surprisingly, she kissed me back; she pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"Yeah... I know I said love, but no other word expresses my feelings for you!" I said.

"Taylor... This can't happen; I like Matt. No matter how hard I fall for you, I can't un-fall for him." She said as she jumped off the counter. Katherine kissed me on the cheek and walked away. I couldn't tell if my heart was breaking even more or slowly being fixed...

Katherine's POV

This is getting way to complicated for me! Matt or Taylor? Taylor or Matt? How did I get caught up in all of this?! I quickly walked back to Elena's; I couldn't deal with this right now. "Hey!" I said as I walked into the house.

"Hey, where have you been?" Jenn yelled as she walked over to me.

"At Brent's..." I said calmly.

"Oh.. How'd that go? We know about Matt and Taylor; Carter and Hayes told us everything." Elena spat.

"Let's just say that it's complicated." I replied.

"Uh oh! What happened?" Jenn inquired. I looked up at them; I knew I couldn't lie to them. The only option was the truth.

"They both kinda.. Sorta.. Kissed me!" I stuttered. Elena's and Jenn's jaws dropped, but then they looked... Excited?

"Oh my god!! This is so amazing, so whose the better kisser?" Jenn questioned. All three of us laughed; Jenn was just plain creepy at moments. After more gossip, we decided that we should probably go to sleep...

"Hey.. I need to talk to you." Jenn said when Elena was out of ear shot.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"Does Matt know about Taylor?" She questioned.

"Yes.. I told him while I was at Brent's." I said as my phone buzzed. It was Carter... I no longer ask how they get my number. Hey... What's up with you and Matt? Crap! I don't know what to say. Umm... Nothing that I know of. I plugged my phone in and did my nightime routine. My phone buzzed, so I walked out of the bathroom to check it. There were two messages; one from Matt and one from Carter. I opened Carter's first! Oh well... You and Matt should go out! Wow! Was he really being Matt's wing man? Ha! Then, I opened Matt's text. Hey we should really hang out tomorrow. What about a moive day? The rest of the guys are gonna be out for the day. I smiled at the dorky date idea. Of course I wasn't gonna say no... Perfect!(: What time? Oh crap! I totally forgot to text Carter back... I'm working on it!(: Shhh it's a secret. I replied to Carter. I fell asleep before either one of them replied.

Matthew's POV

I was so excited for my date with Katherine today! It was gonna be perfect; I have a very good plan. We were gonna watch random movies all day and just be together. It was gonna be absolutely amazing!!! I'm so happy that Taylor is out of the picture now; I mean I know she chased after him after we kissed, but she just felt bad because he saw us... Right? Well... I'm putting all the negative thoughts aside for right now. I just need to think about my date with Katherine!

~Next Morning~

I woke up and checked my phone. I had a text from Katherine that was sent last night. I must've fell asleep before she texted me. I texted her back ASAP!(: I am so hyped up for my date with her today, but the thought of her and Taylor still makes its way in my head... I can't think about that right now, but somehow I just can't stop thinking!! Why do I think so much? Before I could argue with my mind, there was a knock on the door. I booked it down the stairs, nearly falling, to get the door. Katherine wasn't at the door though... "What are you doing here?" Perfect! This day just went from amazing to downright terrible in five seconds.

HEY!!! I'm so sorry for not updating on Monday... I've been swamped with homework!): On the bright side, here's yet another cliffhanger!

~IMPORTANT~

If you want to be a featured character in my book comment or inbox me!(: -K