Chapter 16

Elena's POV

Nash and I immediately left to go see Hayes! We got to Brent's about 5 minutes after we left. I ran inside the house! "Wait here. I'll go get him." Nash told me. I nodded my head and started pacing the floor.

"Stop, Nash! I don't wanna come downstairs for "brother bonding." I wanna stay upstairs." Hayes complained to Nash. I stopped dead in my tracks when Hayes looked up and saw me. He looked... Broken? Happy? I couldn't tell.

"Hey..." I said softly. my voice was barely audible.

"Hey." He said back. We stood there for a minute in pure, awkward silence.

"Okay, kids! Talk it out!" Nash said breaking the silence.

"Okay.. Lets!" I said. It was time we finally talked about.. Us? If that was even a thing anymore.

Jenn's POV

Taylor... He was the only thing that was on my mind. We finally went on somewhat of a date! I was over joyed!! I'm praying that he'll ask me out again; maybe he's moved on from Katherine...? There's always that chance that he's just using me to make her jealous too... "Hey!" I heard someone say. I was back at Elena's mom's house, and it was about 9:00 at night. I had a mini heart attack because Elena wasn't here when I got back, and Katherine's on her date with Matt. I sat there... Frozen! I turned my head slowly to see...

Matthew's POV

This date though! It was absolutely perfect! I'm pretty sure Katherine really likes it. I mean it was a date planned by yours truly. Who wouldn't love that?! "Matt.." Katherine said breaking me away from all of my thoughts.

"Yes, beautiful." I replied happily.

"When are you leaving Cali?" The question was like a slap to the face. I had completely forgot that I was even leaving in the first place. Right now, it was the last week of June, and we were leaving in two weeks.

"Umm.. Two weeks." I said in a low voice. I looked over at Katherine. She looked.. Sad? Relieved? Then, it all went to hell. She got up from where she was sitting and started walking. "Katherine.." I called over to her. She turned to look at me with tears in her eyes.

Katherine's POV

"Katherine..." Matt said. I turned to him as I was starting to cry.

"What, Matt? What am I supposed to do?" He looked a little confused and upset. "We have two weeks. 14 days! Everything was beginning to fall into place and now what? I'm sorry, Matt, but like a friend once told me... You can't get too attached to things that'll leave in the end." By then, I was bawling! Matthew even looked teary eyed. He got up from where he was sitting and walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around me, and I sobbed into his chest.

"Love knows no distance." He whispered. Hold up! Did he just say love?! At the moment, I really didn't care what he said to me. I was too.. Hurt? Depressed? Pissed off? I was full of mixed emotions. Everything was falling apart, and there was nothing I could do about it.

Hey guys! Sorry about not updating yesterday! I had an awards ceremony. thanks for all the reads, guys! Keep reading and voting!!!(: