Chapter 14

Matthew's POV

Today was the day I was gonna take Katherine out on a date. I was so nervous, but I had the best date planned! Jack G, Jack J, Carter, Nash, Brent, Aaron, Hayes, Cameron, Shawn, end even Taylor were all gonna help me set up. She is gonna absolutely love this! "Hey! I'm here!" I heard Katherine yell up the stairs. The guys and I were all ready for this. Gilinsky and Johnson ran down the stairs to greet Katherine while the rest of us prepared for the HUGE surprise. This date was gonna be so hype!

"Hey!" I heard Gilinsky and Johnson say to Katherine. The rest of the guys took their papers with instrutions and left my room. I'm just praying for two things. One, she'll love this. Two, Taylor isn't up to anything.

Katherine's POV

"Um... Hi." I said to the Jacks, "What's going on?"

"Nothing. Just take this and read it." Gilinsky said as Johnson handed me a piece of crumpled, folded up paper.

It read...

Hey! So... Today's the day I take you on a date. It's gonna be amazing, trust me! Grab your longboard and meet me at the boardwalk.                        -Matt

What was going on? I grabbed my longboard, looked at Gilinsky and Johnson who had smiles plastered on thier faces and left. I rode my longboard to the boardwalk, but there was no sign of Matt. Instead, I saw Taylor. "Hey... What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Well, I'm the delivery boy." He said with a smirk. He then handed me an envelope. I opened it, and there were two tickets to the.. Carnival? "Have fun!" He said as he tucked my bangs behind my ear. The carnival wasn't that far away from where I was standing, so I picked up my longboard and walked there. When I got there, I saw Nash, Aaron, and Cam at the front gates.

"Hey there!" Cam said. "Give me your tickets." I did as I was told and handed him the envelope. He took the tickets out, handed me one, and gave the other one to Aaron. Nash handed me another piece of paper and took my longboard. This time, it read...

I hope you can get over your fear of heights for awhile because it looks like there's a Ferris Wheel here. See you soon!                                   -Matt

Aaron and I gave our tickets to the lady, and he led the way to the Ferris Wheel. There, I saw Brent. "Hey gurrllll!" He said, and Aaron left. 

"Hey, so are you gonna ride this death trap with me?" I asked.

"Yupp! I'm gonna be your fake date for a little bit." He said with a big smile! We hopped on the Ferris Wheel, and Brent told the man opperating the death trap something. Then, he sat with me, and I took a deep breath as the ride began. "Don't worry! We'll live." Brent said. After two full rotations, Brent got off, and as I was about to get off, Carter came on.

"Sit down!" He said with a smirk. He handed me a Magcon hoodie and a basket. Once the ride stopped, Carter and I hopped of. "Now, get out of here and go to the beach!" Carter said as he ran off. I walked out of the carnival and onto the beach. After about five minutes, I saw Shawn and Hayes. 

"Hey!" Hayes said. Shawn had his gutair in his hand and was beginning to strum a song I've never heard. Hayes gave me his phone, and he was on a FaceTime with Matt. 

"Matt!" I said, "Where are you?!" Matt looked at me with a smirk.

"Just be patient!" He said, and Hayes took his phone out of my hand. Hayes walked away, and Shawn continued to strum his gutair like his life depended on it. I felt arms wrap around my waist, so I turned around to see Matt with a blanket in his hand. All of a sudden, Shawn stopped playing the gutair and walked away with an unreadable expression on his face. 

"Well, after an hour a half, I've finally arrived, so what's the plan?" I asked Matt. 

"You'll see!" He said with a smirk. I couldn't help but smile. He grabbed my free hand, and we took off running down the beach. 

MESSAGE!!! I've decided to update Wednesdays and Sundays!(: What do you guys think Matt's plan is? What do you think was running through Shawn's mind? Thanks for reading and keep commenting, voting, and reading! Love ya!!! <3