Chapter 2

Katherine's POV

I wake up the next morning and autmatically check my phone. I got a text from Matt after I fell asleep. It said, Okay well goodnight! Matthew Espinosa is texting me? This sounds crazy when I say it out loud! I mean, I wasn't the prettiest girl. Jenn was tall, really tan, and she has long dark brown hair with brown eyes. Elena was about average height, super tan, and she has long-ish blond hair with hazel eyes. I on the other hand wasn't like that... I was short, somewhat tan, and I have medium length light brown hair with brown eyes. I was nothing like the girls you woud expect to see around any guy like Matt. "Get ready to go!" Jenn yelled into my room.

"Okay, I will." I said back. I went into the bathroom, changed, and did my usual makeup. When I came back out, I had a message on my phone from... Matt! Hey beautiful!(: What are you up to today? Beautiful? I was far from beautiful in my eyes at least. Hey (: and nothing just hanging out until Magcon. What about you? While I waited for a reply, I went down to the kitchen to eat.

"Are you still texting Matt?" Elena asked.

"Yeah... He called me beautiful this morning." I said.

"Awww... You and Matt would be super cute together. You guys would fit like Taylor Caniff and I!" Jenn said. She "loved" Taylor Caniff. I rolled my eyes and checked my phone. Hanging with Carter in our boring hotel. I looked up from my phone, and Jenn and Elena were staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Where are they staying?" Elena questioned. They completely ignored my question. Elena liked Brent, and she thought Hayes was adorable. Elena is 14, so it wasn't completely weird that she liked Hayes. Jenn and I on the other hand are 15. Jenn and I were both born in October of 1998, and Elena was born in June of 1999. That's why it seems like she is so much younger than us.

"I don't know! And it would be really creepy if I asked." I replied. I looked back down at my phone and texted Matt back. It's really boring here too. I wasn't really sure what else to say to him. I was more of a tom-boy than a girly girl, so I wasn't really good at flirting. I checked my phone again, and there was a text from Matt. Well would you and your friends wanna come hang with us until Magcon? I asked Jenn and Elena and of course they said yes. Why wouldn't they? Ha. Yeah sure that'd be cool. When and where? He said 12 and at a park by their hotel. Their hotel was actually just a 15 minute ride away. Once we got there, I suddenly got really.. Nervous? This was going to be interesting.

Matthew's POV

I can't believe Carter talked me into inviting Katherine over here. I knew she probably didn't like me; she didn't really seem like a Magcon fan. Her friends had to make her take a picture with us. I mean I wanted to hang out with her, but I'm not sure if she wanted to hang out with me. When she told me they were coming, I got this excited yet nervous feeling in my stomach. Was this girl I barely knew really doing this to me? Carter and I were waiting for the guys and Katherine and her friends at the park. "Hey guys!" It was Nash. Nash, Hayes, and Taylor came. Suddenly I saw these three girls coming up to us. It was Katherine and her two friends.

"Hey, Matt. This is Jenn and Elena." Katherine said.

"Hey! So what are we gonna do?" I asked. Jenn went over to Taylor, and she stood by him awkwardly.

"Ummm... I don't know, whatever you guys wanna do." Katherine said.

"Well I think we should stay here at the park. Why waste a beautiful day?" Elena muttered. We all sat on the grass and began talking about the most random stuff. I sat next to Katherine; she seemed a bit uncomfortable. I texted her. You don't seem like you're really in to this. Then I waited for her to reply. My phone vibrated, so I checked it. I am! I just don't know what to do or say. Wow, she was shy. That surprised me. Just be yourself. No one here will judge you!(: Once she read the message, she looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"So what should we talk about now?" I ask.

"We should play would you rather!" Hayes suggests. We all decide that would be cool. Hayes started. "

Okay umm... Matt! Would you rather date a fan or be a dragon?"

I answer, "Depends on the fan." Hayes thought for a minute. "What about Jenn, Elena, or Katherine. They're all fans!" Okay now what I supposed to say?

"I guess I'd have to pick date a fan." Everyone said who in unison."Umm... Sorry ladies, but I'd have to pick Katherine." Katherine started to blush. She instantly became cuter than she usually was.

"Okay, Matt. It's your turn!!!" Taylor said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Alright. Katherine! Would you rather be tall or eat a spider?" I know it was kinda gross, but I mean she had an easy way to get out of eating a spider.

"I'd rather eat a spider. Ey! I like being short!" She smiled as she said that; I loved her smile. I couldn't help but stare at her when she smiled.

"What?" She asked.

"Oh.. Um... Nothing!" I said. Why was this girl making me feel so nervous. We played would you rather for a while longer. Magcon was an hour away, so we decided to head back to the hotel to get ready.

"Well.. I guess we're going to go back to the house." Katherine told me.

"Okay. I'll see you at Magcon?" I said more like a question.

"Yeah!" She said. Katherine smiled at me, and I smiled back. That smile got me every time.

Katherine's POV

Jenn, Elena, and I went back to Elena's house for a while. Hanging with the guys was fun, but a little weird for me. I know it's kinda hard to believe, but I'm a bit shy... Until you get to know me. Finally, it was time to leave to go to Magcon. I was sorta excited to be honest, but why? Elena, Jenn, and I got in a taxi instead of her mom's fancy car and went to Magcon. The line was longer than before, but it was worth the wait. When I walked into Matt's line... Again, he hugged me! "Hey!' He said to me.

"Hey." I said back. This was crazy! Was this real? Was I really falling for a boy I just met? After watching the guys be their random, crazy selves on stage, Matt and I decided to hang out. We met at the park we hung out at earlier.

"So.. What are we gonna do?" I questioned him. "

Well.. We can go to a movie or to dinner or something." He suggested.

"Is this like.. A date?" I asked.

"Yes! Only if you want it to be!" I didn't know how to answer him... I wanted it to be a date, but would it be weird then?

"Then I guess... It's a date." I say as I smile up at Matt. Matt smiled ear to ear; I could tell he was happy. We decided to go see the movie Non-Stop with Liam Neeson. It was a pretty good movie! During the movie, our hands touched, but I quickly pulled away. I felt like an idiot afterwards. I said it was a date, but I bet it didn't feel like one to him. I doubt he would ever ask me out again. Why would he? I messed up... Big time!

"Did you like the movie?" Matt asked.

"Yeah! It was really good." I answered.

He stood there silent for a while, so I said, "Sorry if I made this awkward or anything. I"m not really good at this dating stuff." Matt looked at me with those dreamy brown eyes.

"Don't worry. I'm not either!" Wow! A famous Vine boy who wasn't good at dating? I would've thought he dated a lot of girls, but I guess he's different than I thought. We called a taxi, and Matt rode with me back to Elena's. I tried to pay for the cab fare, but Matt refused.

"Thanks for tonight!" I said.

"Of course. Maybe you'd want to do it again sometime. Like go on another date?" He asked awkwardly.

"Yeah that would be great!!" I didn't even try to hide the excitement in my voice. He smiled, so I smiled back. I hopped out of the cab and went inside the house. The date with Matt was nice. My phone suddenly vibrated, so I pulled out of my pocket. I can't wait for our next date. (: It was Matt. I smiled when I read his text. He was absolutely adorable! I texted back I can't either! I"m gonna go to sleep. Night, Matt!(: I got ready for bed, checked my phone one last time, and instantly fell asleep as my head it the pillow.

Thanks for reading guys!(: Make sure to check out kayleighcav's stories about Nash Grier and Taylor Caniff! They're very good stories! Here's her user! Read her stories! @kayleighcav