21

As Sarah stepped in the house, she saw Anna and her yaya lying on the couch looking awfully pale. She laughed as Anna appeared to throw up “Ate, yan ang karma.” She said laughing uncontrollably. When she finally stopped, she looked around to see where Gerald was but he was nowhere to be found. She went to his room, but no, no signs of him. She checked everywhere in the house but she didn’t see him.

“Manang si Ge?” Sarah asked the housekeeper.

“Hindi ko po alam eh.” The housekeeper replied and left. She knew where he was, but Gerald made her promise not to tell.

She had brunch with Shin still wondering where Gerald was.

Sarah stayed in her room while her friends slept the entire time trying to ease the pain caused by severe hangovers. She tried calling Gerald, but he wasn’t answering.

(Sarahs POV: Nakakainis naman yun! Alam naman niyang last day na namin dito ngayon, babalik na kami bukas. Haaaay. Gerald, where are you?!)

Hours passed…

When she got bored in her room, she went down and saw the housekeeper “Manang, wala pa po ba si Ge?” she asked. The housekeeper smiled and shrugged. Sarah got curious and was about to ask again but her eyes were covered by someone.

“Miss me?” he asked still covering Sarah’s eyes with both his hands. Sarah tried to take them off, but he stopped her. “Wag na magulo. Just come with me.” He told her.

Sarah knew it was him, from his scent and from his voice. She smiled and nodded.

Gerald guided her to a place away from the house and away from the shore.

“Surprise” he whispered to her ear and released his hands from her eyes.

She slowly opened her eyes, and smiled when she saw what he did for her. There were stones on the sand that spelled “I LOVE YOU”, it was surrounded by petals of red roses and candles were scattered all over the place, bringing light onto the dark night.

She looked at him lovingly “You were doing this the entire time?” she asked him. He nodded as response and grinned at her.

She hugged him tightly and buried her face on his chest. She was overwhelmed, and she can’t express herself through words. She felt that there isn’t anywhere in the world that she’d rather be, than to be there beside him. For her, this was the most precious gift a man has given her, the expensive necklace from Sam and the diamond earring from her ex boyfriend was nothing compared to this. For her, this was PRICELESS.

Gerald felt happy that she liked it, he was thinking of what to give her to let her feel she was special, and since he wasn’t that rich, this was the idea that popped into his mind. “Akala ko macocornihan ka lang eh” he told her.

Sarah tilted her head to look at him “hindi ah. Ang sweet kaya. Thank you” she said and a tear fell from her eye. Gerald wiped it with his finger “Oh, bakit yan?” he asked, thinking maybe he made her sad.

Sarah released him and cupped his face with her hands “You make me happy. So happy that my smiles aren’t enough, maybe that’s why even my tears fall to prove to you how happy I am to have you” she told him full of love and admiration.

Gerald touched his chest trying to calm his heart that was wildly hammering its way out of his body. He took her hand and placed it to where his was “Do you feel it? Kung makakalabas lang to sa katawan ko, malamang didiretso siya jan sa kamay mo.” He told her, he really did feel that his heart, no, perhaps his whole being was in her hands, she changed him, she made him feel things that he never thought he could feel.

Sarah laughed at him “Ayan, ayang mga ganyan mo ang corny.” She said and laughed again.

Gerald then snaked his right arm around Sarah’s waist to pull her closer to him, Sarah giggled feeling tickly.

“Dito ka lang. Dito ka lang sa tabi ko.” He whispered to her ear. Sarah again was tickled by his warm breath that touched her ear. Gerald took notice of her being too ticklish and blew gently on her ear trying to irritate her more.

She flinched and turned red. “Ano ba!” she said giggling. She touched his face trying to push it away from her ears.

He pulled her closer to him and using his left hand, he guided her hands around the back of his neck.

Sarah bit her lower lip, while looking directly at his loving eyes. She was anticipating his kiss, his sweet tender kiss.

He smiled at her, knowing she was ready. He was slowly bridging the gap in between their lips, his eyes closed.

She closed her eyes too, waiting patiently this time.

It was gentle, their lips finally met.

Before they could deepen the kiss, the rain suddenly fell from the sky. They both looked up and laughed. The candles died and the moon was only their source of light. He touched her face and gave her lips a peck. He held her hand and turned around ready to leave, but she pulled him back. “Akala ko ba, dito lang ako? Dito lang sa tabi mo?” she asked him when he faced her.

He smirked and then claimed her lips once more. It was soft, gentle kisses. A far cry from the previous one they shared last night. This was romantic, passionate kisses from two people in love.

They were both drenched in the rain, their hands wondering around each other’s body.

She bit his lips once again, making him stop and smile. They stared at each other, their lips still barely touching.

“Sorry” she whispered to him.

“No, it’s just that.. It’s sweet” he told her and kissed her again.

It was definitely the perfect way to end their vacation.

Tomorrow, they need to get back to their own worlds.

Sarah back to the busy and tiring life in Showbiz..

And Gerald back to.. Well, his normal life.

But.. that was still tomorrow, for now, they stayed with each other’s arms.. Cherishing every moment together..