Dating a Superstar

(Tried to write a story lang :) nakakaaddict kc mga gnagawa nun ibang ff, nainspire lng po! pag pasensyahan nyo na)

Sarah Geronimo is The Popstar Princess of the Philippines. She is the most famous singer/actress/host in the industry. Every move, every step was magnified in the people’s eyes. She is known to be the perfect daughter, a role model to the youth and an inspiration to people who wants to attain their dreams, which is a very big responsibility for her to maintain. She’s successful without a doubt, record breaking hits from her albums, blockbuster movies, left and right endorsements and restaurant chains all over metro manila. Though she might seem to have it all, she was lonely.

Gerald Anderson is an ordinary guy; works for an auto shop selling cars. He was contented with his life, being able to help his mom with his brothers’ education and expenses at home were the only thing he had to do. He never desired for anything more. He is a “ladies man”. He is good looking, has a body to die for and a killer smile which can make any girl fall head over heels for, but has eyes full of emptiness. He had tons of female “companions” nothing ever serious. Though he thinks his living well compared to others, there was always something missing in him.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 chapter 1

“And there you have it! Such a God given talent. Congratulations again Sarah for having yet another platinum award for your recent album. What can you say to all your fans?” Luis said with amazement after Sarah performed her latest song in ASAP.

“Yes! Thank you to everyone who supported my album. Popsters! At sa lahat. Maraming maraming salamat po!” exclaimed Sarah who was still catching her breath, she was dancing and singing so she felt a little tired.

“Sarah, eto lang ha, what makes you YOU? Every time I see you perform, you make me feel so proud na Pinoy ako. You continue to surprise me ha! Kahit na lagi naman kitang napapanuod tuwing Sarah G. Live” said Luis still amazed by her performance.

Sarah Laughed. “hahaha hindi naman kuya luis, ikaw talaga. Basta I feel so blessed to be having this opportunity to share my talents with all of you. Mahal ko kayong lahat, maraming salamat po ulit! Ay! Bago ko po makalimutan, We’ll be drawing lots today for those who joined the Date Sarah G. contest, I will be going out with someone today, and it might just be you! hahaha”

Luis: “wow Sarah! Padate date ka na lang ngayon ha! Haha.. can I just say, ang humble mo parin talaga! Sana you get to visit ASAP more often Sarah, we missed you here :) Don’t change your channels guys, there’s a lot more to come only in ASAP!” and with that commercials started coming in.

*click *click

Gerald changed the channel to basketball.

“bat mo nilipat Ge! Nanunuod ako! Baka kakanta pa si Sarah!” Gerald’s mother said panicking.

“Ma! Mapapanuod niyo pa naman po siya mamayang gabi! Isang araw na nga lang po akong pwedeng magpahinga at manuod lang, hindi ko po pa ba un pwedeng magawa?” Gerald said irritated.

Feeling defeated, his mother answered coldly “Fine Ge. Just make sure I get the TV later for Sarah G. Live kahit yun lang.”

Gerald always knew his mothers obsession with Sarah Geronimo, he just didn’t know why. He had no choice but to give in to his mothers plead, for he loves her dearly, and he didn’t want to discuss with her again about buying another TV set. “Yes mommy, I promise. I love you :)”

His mother was intensely looking at him while he was watching, he couldn’t really focus on the game “what Is it mom?” he asked.

“Why haven’t I met any girlfriend of yours? Are you gay anak?” his mom asked him curiously.

He burst into laughter “Whaaaaaaaaat?? Me mom? Me?! Hahahahaha.. No mom, I’m not gay, far from it!”

“So if you’re not, then why haven’t I met any? Your 23 yrs old for Pete’s sake!”

“I just haven’t found someone who deserves to meet the most precious person in my life. That’s all mom.”

He hugged his mom tight and smiled at her.

“I hope you can find someone like Sarah.” His mother said

(Gerald’s POV: Oh yes, another Sarah topic, geez mom. Here you go again with your never ending lines!)

“Someone who is beautiful, inside and….” His mother continued but he cut her off by continuing her statement

“and out. Someone who is pure, has that never been touched image.. blah blah blah.. yes mom I know!”

“I just really want someone like her for you anak. She’s perfect for you.” His mother said while looking at him in his eyes. He shrugged and continued to watch the game; he wasn’t really interested in engaging into another “Sarah” topic. His mom patted his cheeks and left him watching.

(Gerald’s POV: Sarah, Sarah, Sarah! Sure she’s beautiful. But com’on. She’s a celebrity, she’s not as good as what mom thinks of her. She can’t be ALL that. She just can’t be.)

*beep

Gerald checked his phone. He sighed. “Kimmy. Oh Kimmy, move on will you!” he said with frustration. He didn’t reply to her message. He placed his phone in his pocket again.

*beep

*beep

*beep

*beep

“Ok. You’re getting on my nerves woman.” He said while gritting his teeth. He checked his phone again.

From kimmy:

Ge. Please let’s meet :)

From Kimmy:

I miss you soooooo much :)

From kimmy:

Ge!! Magreply ka naman oh, usap tayo pls.

From Kimmy:

I’d do anything; you don’t have to love me back yet, basta hayaan mo naman na mahalin kita pls.

He placed his phone on the table in front of him. He didn’t want to reply to her. He continued to watch.

*ring *ring *ring

Gerald didn’t really want to answer, knowing that it was Kimmy on the other line. She was pissing him off. He picked up his phone without looking at the callers ID.

Gerald: “hindi mo ba ko titigilan?! Maawa ka naman sa sarili mo! Please.”

Caller: “huh? Mmm.. is this Mr. Gerald Anderson?”

Gerald looked at his phone and saw an unregistered number “sh!t” he murmured. “Oh I’m sorry; I thought you were someone else. Yes this is Gerald Anderson.”

Caller: “it’s ok Mr. Anderson. Congratulations! You just won the Date Sarah G. contest. We will be texting you the location. Please do wear a proper attire. Semi-formal will do. That’s all. Congratulations yet again!”

Gerald was surprised. “wait. What? Date Sarah G. Contest? What?! I didn’t…”

--Phone call ended--