Chapter 17

Do you think you got the answer right? I'm going to be annoying and keep it a secret for a little bit longer. (;

The only person who should know by now is @LongLiveMusic17, because ― of course ― she was first to guess it. (:
I mean, I know some of you will go back and read her answer, or skip ahead in this chapter to find out who it is. But seriously... WHERE'S THE FUN IN THAT? (;

Also, The Cookie Girl is still in the @1DWattyAwards! :D I can't believe it, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!
I really think I can make it further in the competition at this rate, so if you could spare 30 seconds of your time to pop over there and vote in the 'Undiscovered Gems: One Direction' category, you would literally make me the happiest girl alive!! (':

I think that's all for today. (:

On that note... Enjoy! X

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I stared up at him in disbelief, sane enough to be angry but too shocked to let it show on my face. When I didn't speak for a while, trying to organize my thoughts, he smirked and loosened his grip on my arms.

"That's better," he sighed, lowering his black hood off his head. "I can't stand it when you're mad, babe."

"Really?" I asked, letting some sarcasm drip into my tone. "Well then, try not to tackle me in the middle of an empty walkway." I sat up straight and looked down at my outfit, cringing at the muddy stains on the new brown cardigan.

"I didn't know what else to do," he shrugged. When I pushed myself up off the ground and stood up, he rocked back on his heels and did the same. "I couldn't let you run out onto the road. You could have been hit by a car or something."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "So you decided to stop me by wrestling me to the ground?"

"I've decided that's the best way to deal with your panic attacks," he chuckled, sending me a wink.

"Whatever," I huffed, turning around and continuing my walk towards the road. When he caught up to me and grabbed my arm, I shook him off and kept my gaze forward.

"I said I never wanted to see any of you ever again," I pointed out.

"I know," he sighed.

I slowed my pace a little and met his eyes. "I didn't just mean Harry and Liam. I meant all of you."

"I know," he repeated, casually adjusting the drawstrings of his dark jacket.

I came to a complete stop this time, just as we reached the main road, turning to face him and planting my hands on my hips. "Why were you following me, Zayn?"

He drew in a deep breath and ran his hand along his stubble-covered jaw. "Babe, I wasn't―"

"Don't try to deny it," I interrupted him, my voice a little louder than I had intended. When a few people stopped to look at us, I turned on my heels and kept walking in the direction of the hotel, Zayn close by my side. "This..." I gestured to us both, then to the walkway we had just come through. "...isn't just a coincidence."