Chapter 5

"What'll it be this morning, Cassie?"

   "Bacon and scrambled eggs please," I told the server, holding my plate out to her eagerly. She took it out of my hands, and as she filled it with steaming hot food, I slid my hands into my pockets.

   After leaving the boys' room this morning, I had gone back to my own room and gotten dressed. I had intended to come down to the hotel restaurant for breakfast earlier, but since I had woken up so early, I'd spent the last four hours asleep on my bed.

   I silently thanked the heavens that not many people were down here, though; I had lazily changed into some skinny jeans, a tight grey tee shirt and some fluffy brown ugg boots. It wasn't really the kind of outfit I'd like to be seen in by many people, but I decided I would change as soon as I had finished my meal.

   "Here you go," the server smiled, passing back my overflowing plate.

   "Thanks!" After grabbing some cutlery and napkins, I made my way over to my usual table by the tinted windows.

   I was shocked to see that ― like last night ― girls were still crowding around the front of the hotel. There was probably over a hundred there now, and they were all either screaming at the top of their lungs for One Direction or begging for the security guards to let them in. I rolled my eyes and looked back down at my plate of food. If only they knew how annoying those boys could be.

   "Hello love!" Someone suddenly yelled into my ear, and I nearly fell off my chair in shock. Once I had recovered from the fright, I narrowed my eyes and looked up at a very chuffed Harry Styles.

   "What was that for?!" I asked through clenched teeth. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

   "You looked tired," he shrugged, still grinning proudly. "I thought I should wake you up a little." Before I could protest, he pulled out the chair across from me and sat down, resting his elbows on the table.

   "I was completely awake, thank you very much," I said, and after realising how pathetic that sounded, I cleared my throat and tried again. "What are you doing here?"

   "You still have Zayn's phone," he explained. "We were going to call reception, but Zayn reckoned you could get in trouble for having a customer's phone. So I decided I should come down to get it back for him, like the lovely boyfriend I am." He gave me a cheeky wink.

   I couldn't help but laugh. "So you're Zayn's boyfriend now?"

   His face immediately fell. "What? No, I meant... Oh God." He ducked his head and let his curly hair fall over his face. "That's embarrassing. I should have worded that better."

   "It's fine," I laughed. "I knew what you meant."

   "Yeah, but that's the kind of thing I could get in trouble for," he chuckled. "One slip up like that during an interview, and the fans would be calling Zayn and I gay for weeks."

   "Well, it doesn't help that you boys are always all touchy feely," I shrugged. "I mean, don't get me wrong. The cuddles are cute. But there's a fine line between cute and suspicious."

   His eyes darted up to meet mine again, and this time, his mouth was curving up into a grin. "You just called me cute."

   I scoffed and shook my head immediately. "I said your cuddles are cute. There's a difference."

   "I know you think I'm cute, Cassie." He rolled his eyes. "Everyone thinks I'm cute."

   "Oh yeah, and your ego just makes you so much more adorable," I said sarcastically. "But seriously. Your hair is too long, your smile creeps me out, and your nose... Well, let's just say it looks a little too much like a part of the male anatomy for my liking."