Chapter 15 (Part 2)

Dedicated to Kaitlyn (again) because she made that awesome cover on the side (---->) and she's also just all-around AMAZING. <3

With that, I'm off! Sorry for the long wait for this chapter, I hope it's worth it! X

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As soon as Harry shut the door behind us, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pushed me up against the wall, holding my wrists in place by my sides. By the time I had realised what was happening, his body was already pressed against mine, his lips lingering teasingly a few inches away.

"You're not fighting me," he observed, raising an eyebrow curiously. "Why's that?"

Before I could speak, I had to swallow down a nervous lump that had formed in my throat. "Maybe I don't want to push you away anymore."

The corners of his mouth curved up wickedly. "That's a shame. I liked you when you were playing hard to get."

"So you don't like me now?" I pursed my lips and cocked my head to the side. "I mean, I could always just leave..."

"No," he said quickly, his grip on my wrists tightening. "I want you to stay."

This time, I was the one smirking. "Good. Because I don't plan on leaving at all."

I expected him to say something in reply, but instead, he let go of one of my wrists and ran his fingers through my damp hair. He closed the distance between our mouths, and as his lips brushed gently against mine, I shut my eyes and let an excited shiver run down my back.

This was it.

After this, there was no turning back.

When he finally started to kiss me ― slowly and carefully at first ― I put my free hand on the back of his neck and pulled him even closer. As my chest rubbed against his for a moment, his lips parted to let out a soft moan, and I used the opportunity to kiss him back twice as aggressively.

His hands were moving quickly now, running down my sides and holding my hips firmly in place against his. I brought my hands up into his hair, twirling his trademark curls around my fingers, and a low growl sounded in his throat.

Before I could process what he was doing, his hands were behind my knees, picking me up and wrapping my bare legs around his waist. When his lips trailed down my neck and he started to kiss the sensitive spot just above my collarbone, I drew in a sharp breath and dug my fingernails into his scalp.

"Don't you like that?" He chuckled, lifting his head to meet my eyes once again.

"No," I said breathlessly. "I liked it too much."

This earned me another chuckle. "I'll keep that in mind."

"Oh really?" I tightened my legs around him and rested my hands on his shoulders. "And what do you like, Styles?"

"A gentleman never tells."

"I think we've already established that you're not a gentleman."

His eyebrows rose, and a small smile formed on his lips. "True." He didn't say anything else, so I brought my mouth down towards his once more, but he turned his head and my kiss landed on his cheek instead. When I leaned back and looked at him in confusion, his expression was slightly troubled.

"What?" I frowned. Had I done something wrong?

His mouth opened and shut a few times before he finally spoke out loud. "I have to tell you something." He met my gaze once again, his eyes darting nervously between mine. "Basically, I... I mean, you... I just..."